Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably try removing these kexts from the Clover EFI and try again:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext (not necessarily needed for setup)
AppleALC.kext (not needed for setup)
RealtekRTL8100.kext (RealtekRTL8111.kext is used for ethernet on the Y520)
SATA-unsupported.kext (I don't see a reason for using this kext)
USBInjectAll.kext (All USB ports are supposed to be working using the config_install.plist and later complete config.plist from the guide/github)

You don't necessarily need them for booting the setup and some aren't even used in the guide at all.

Thank you! I've been trying to get my hackintosh to work for around a week now with different methods. Didn't realize i had copied the kexts from a folder which i downloaded from another guide (which didn't work out). I completely remade my usb-drive. I have set the verbose and do not reboot on panic on but after a while my screen goes black (but not off). The time it takes for this to happen varies. I'm starting to believe there is something wrong with my laptop or the Mojave installer i downloaded.

Attachments

• EFI, Clover.zip
    2 MB · Views: 89
Thank you! I've been trying to get my hackintosh to work for around a week now with different methods. Didn't realize i had copied the kexts from a folder which i downloaded from another guide (which didn't work out). I completely remade my usb-drive. I have set the verbose and do not reboot on panic on but after a while my screen goes black (but not off). The time it takes for this to happen varies. I'm starting to believe there is something wrong with my laptop or the Mojave installer i downloaded.

Try with invalid ig-platform-id (deal with graphics later).

Try with invalid ig-platform-id (deal with graphics later).
Thank you! Tested it but the problem seems to persist. I ran it from all USB ports with and without USB2 adapter with no luck. Sometimes i got the black screen during the first seconds but i managed to get a video of my last attempt which ran the longest. Forgot to tune my phone's settings so the file is 1,5gb. so here is a photo of the last lines before screen blacking out (it still stays on as i can see the backlight bleeding). I'l try to convert the file to a smaller filesize and upload it somewhere if it is any help after i've transfered it to my computer.

This project has taken much, much more time than i had thought it would (a week now with most of my days off from work 100% working on this). I understood hackintoshing a laptop would be one huge mess to deal with, but i don't dare to even imagine what the post install setup will be as trying to reach the installer is this much pain. I'l give it a day or a two but i'm afraid my resources with this are coming to an end.

EDIT. I’ve returned the loaned mac i used for creating the USB-stick. No way to use patchmatic or gen_debug.sh. EFI/CLover is the same as in earlier message. Thank you for all the help! I didn’t expect to get even this far. This forum is superb but i’m calling it quits with this project as it is taking way too much time.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.PNG
    IMG_0255.PNG
    7.6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thank you! Tested it but the problem seems to persist. I ran it from all USB ports with and without USB2 adapter with no luck. Sometimes i got the black screen during the first seconds but i managed to get a video of my last attempt which ran the longest. Forgot to tune my phone's settings so the file is 1,5gb. so here is a photo of the last lines before screen blacking out (it still stays on as i can see the backlight bleeding). I'l try to convert the file to a smaller filesize and upload it somewhere if it is any help after i've transfered it to my computer.

This project has taken much, much more time than i had thought it would (a week now with most of my days off from work 100% working on this). I understood hackintoshing a laptop would be one huge mess to deal with, but i don't dare to even imagine what the post install setup will be as trying to reach the installer is this much pain. I'l give it a day or a two but i'm afraid my resources with this are coming to an end.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- I'm using the voodooPS2controller.kext.
- No, it's not working (I had to check, as I never really use the numpad)
Sorry for the late reply.

Well, then It seems like till now It is not possible to make the Num Lock functionality works in this laptop. Anyway I think I can live without that :)
Thanks for your reply!

My computer is Lenovo Legin Y520,success with this guide and only have one problem。
Each time i start my computer,the screen backlight will be set into zero。
I can use fn+12 to set it higher,but it makes me very upset.
How can I fix this problem?

My computer is Lenovo Legin Y520,success with this guide and only have one problem。
Each time i start my computer,the screen backlight will be set into zero。
I can use fn+12 to set it higher,but it makes me very upset.
How can I fix this problem?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
The script is hardly use because our country can't ping or view google.com。
And the gen_debug pings github.com usually can't ping either.
I edit the testURL into 127.0.0.1 ,and get this zip files。

Attachments

• debug_20017.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back