Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I have configured my hack myself and everything is working fine except audio I don't want to use other configurations I am still unfamiliar with but I really appreciate what you have done to make it that simple it defiantly took you lots of time to prepare.

I have removed what AppleHDA Patcher have done removed: aDummyHDA.kext then the config.plist patches.
Changed DSDT audio layout to 7.
added the resulting kext from ur script to /L/E
added config.plist patches from the one you provided
rebooted without caches rebuilt them (done this twice)
reboot still no audio for me.

Can you help @RehabMan ?
There are lots of things going on with your setup that are different from what the guide offers. But here is one note:
Remove "100-Series Audio - 0xa170 -> 0xa171" from config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch (you're already using FakePCIID kexts to spoof your unsupported audio id).

There are lots of things going on with your setup that are different from what the guide offers. But here is one note:
Remove "100-Series Audio - 0xa170 -> 0xa171" from config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch (you're already using FakePCIID kexts to spoof your unsupported audio id).
It actually works now thanks for the note mate. Have a good day/night

To start, set BIOS to defaults.

Then insure:
- UEFI boot is enabled.
- Secure boot is disabled.
- Fast boot is disabled.

Does this guide assume the BIOS is at literal out of the box defaults with just the 3 mentioned changes, or would something like the SATA controller have to also change to from the Intel RST Premium to AHCI?

Thank you!

Does this guide assume the BIOS is at literal out of the box defaults with just the 3 mentioned changes, or would something like the SATA controller have to also change to from the Intel RST Premium to AHCI?

Thank you!
Yes, SATA mode should be set to AHCI. Thanks for the tip! I will add it to the guide now.

Thank you!

Set BIOS to defaults means go into BIOS setup and reset all settings to default. Generally, there is an option to do this. The defaults for the BIOS are probably not the same options the laptop shipped with.

Set BIOS to defaults means go into BIOS setup and reset all settings to default. Generally, there is an option to do this. The defaults for the BIOS are probably not the same options the laptop shipped with.
He’s right actually. The BIOS defaults set SATA mode to Intel RST Premium. I had forgotten to add that setting when I wrote the guide. I just added it now.

He’s right actually. The BIOS defaults set SATA mode to Intel RST Premium. I had forgotten to add that setting when I wrote the guide. I just added it now.

I was just pointing out that "out of the box" settings are not necessarily the same as "default settings".
Since I don't own the laptop, no idea of the specific settings it came with "in the box", nor the settings that are current after a "BIOS default" reset.

But good job fixing the instructions for accuracy.

On a clean install of Mojave, when running the --install-downloads portion of the script, my computer freezes during the kernel cache rebuild, and forces me to start over. Could this be due to the VirtualSMC, or something else?

I also notice the VoodooI2C gets installed on my Y520, which may also be due to the choke.

Any suggestions?

On a clean install of Mojave, when running the --install-downloads portion of the script, my computer freezes during the kernel cache rebuild, and forces me to start over. Could this be due to the VirtualSMC, or something else?
No. I run that command tens of times each day for testing purposes, haven’t experienced that problem. You should try booting without caches then run that command.
I also notice the VoodooI2C gets installed on my Y520, which may also be due to the choke.

Any suggestions?
VoodooI2C kexts are not installed by the script, not for the Y520, nor for the Y720. It must have come from somewhere else.

I found out the issue. I was using FakeSMC not he installer and trying to install VirtualSMC on the HDD.
Replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC and everything proceeded to work normally.

Installation successful, thank you so very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back