Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the temperature is a bit high on the cpu so I verified it ,package draw before sleep is 1.2 watts then after sleep it's 1.75W. Maybe related to nvidia?
This results in an increase in cpu temp of 3 degrees (41-42C) and a much shorter battery life.
Any idea what's going on after sleep ?
Edit: how do install the keyboard layout only ( the config that matches this machine for controlling brightness etc.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I do realize that, but AppleHDA is buggy, I can't use the internal mic while there's an external mic plugged, and it cracks after unplugging it

Yeah, I do realize that, but AppleHDA is buggy, I can't use the internal mic while there's an external mic plugged, and it cracks after unplugging it
That’s a feature (auto switching) which is the same feature that real Macs have. If you don’t like auto switching, you can switch to layout-id=14. Which is originally AppleALC layout28.

I noticed the temperature is a bit high on the cpu so I verified it ,package draw before sleep is 1.2 watts then after sleep it's 1.75W. Maybe related to nvidia?
This results in an increase in cpu temp of 3 degrees (41-42C) and a much shorter battery life.
Any idea what's going on after sleep ?
Edit: how do install the keyboard layout only ( the config that matches this machine for controlling brightness etc.)
No idea. Will test sleep soon and update you.

so that would "replace" applehda with alc ?

so that would "replace" applehda with alc ?
No it wouldn’t. Like I stated earlier, AppleALC is not used or needed in this guide. But changing the layout-id to 14 will give you the same experience you would get with AppleALC layout28.

Again, you DO NOT need AppleALC.

How I am supposed to edit the layout-id without clover (abdulilah desribed it in the first post) ?
I don't see anything related to layout-id in the plist editor

How I am supposed to edit the layout-id without clover (abdulilah desribed it in the first post) ?
I don't see anything related to layout-id in the plist editor

There are several ways to inject layout-id. Since you didn't attach PR files, we cannot determine how you might be doing it.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back