Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re really sure you did everything correct like stated in the guide then changing your Intel NVMe SSD is your last option.

OK. I'll try clean install on my SATA HDD. Should I remove my Intel SSD if I boot from HDD? @RehabMan ?

Yes.
Best to replace the Intel NVMe with an M.2 SATA device.

After clean install on my SATA HDD there is no accidental panics, no slow system. Everything is working just perfect!

Now I have to buy some Nvme M.2 SSD, because my WD hard drive is terribly slow. Is it confirmed that "Samsung 960 EVO" is 100% compatible and it will work without causing that panics? @the-braveknight , @RehabMan ?

After clean install on my SATA HDD there is no accidental panics, no slow system. Everything is working just perfect!

Now I have to buy some Nvme M.2 SSD, because my WD hard drive is terribly slow. Is it confirmed that "Samsung 960 EVO" is 100% compatible and it will work without causing that panics? @the-braveknight , @RehabMan ?
Samsung 960 EVO is NVMe, but it will probably work with macOS (Samsung NVMe SSDs are somewhat more compatible).

SATA 3 SSD will be 100% compatible?

Yes. But in your case, you would need to replace your problematic m.2 NVMe SSD. So you can either get a more compatible NVMe SSD or an m.2 SATA SSD (Samsung EVO 860 SATA m.2).

Note that I have a Samsung PM961 NVMe SSD without any problem. You’ll probably get even better support with a 960 EVO/Pro NVMe.

Yes. But in your case, you would need to replace your problematic m.2 NVMe SSD.

In any case I'll remove this trash.
Here is my SSDT-Y720.aml with patched USB ports for Y720 (without USB-C at this time). If you wish you can include it to this guide for those people with same laptop. Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Attachments

• SSDT-Y720.aml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 70
In any case I'll remove this trash.
Here is my SSDT-Y720.aml with patched USB ports for Y720 (without USB-C at this time). If you wish you can include it to this guide for those people with same laptop. Thanks a lot for your assistance!
I have already included your USB port configuration in my original repo using ACPI/_UPC correction (no USBInjectAll.kext). This requires that you rename _UPC to XUPC in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. See my original repo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back