Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without VoodooTSCSync.kext you will have super laggy system after sleep. You can remove it and see if you have that problem too.

Confirmed.

Removing SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext causes at least 3 minutes boot and my SATA HDD is not recognized by MacOS.
My SATA HDD delivered by Lenovo is "Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD".

Confirmed.

Confirmed.

Removing SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext causes at least 3 minutes boot and my SATA HDD is not recognized by MacOS.
My SATA HDD delivered by Lenovo is "Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD".

Confirmed.
Are you booting from your SATA HDD?

@the-braveknight, @RehabMan

So... What I done:

1. Clean install of High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Intel Nvme m.2 SSD (HFS+J file system)
2. What kexts is installed can be seen in PR files.
3. I tried FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi. The result was slow system caused by kernel panic (Intel Nvme m2, see PR files). This panic was happening for 2 reboots. On third reboot the system was running smooth but after some time this panic occurs again.
4. I removed FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, rebuilt the cache and I used SSDT hotpatch (see PR files/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) but the result was the same as above.
5. Without working Broadcom Wifi (no kexts, no hotpatches) the system works normally and no panics.

My temporary conclusion for my case is: Something goes wrong when more than one M2 devices is in use.

Attachments

• debug_5870.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61

So... What I done:

1. Clean install of High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Intel Nvme m.2 SSD (HFS+J file system)
3. I tried FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi. The result was slow system caused by kernel panic (Intel Nvme m2, see PR files). This panic was happening for 2 reboots. On third reboot the system was running smooth but after some time this panic occurs again.
4. I removed FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, rebuilt the cache and I used SSDT hotpatch (see PR files/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) but the result was the same as above.
5. Without working Broadcom Wifi (no kexts, no hotpatches) the system works normally and no panics.

My temporary conclusion for my case is: Something goes wrong when more than one M2 devices is in use.

Intel NVMe is NOT a good idea.

HDMI does not work on my computer, I need help from you!

HDMI does not work on my computer, I need help from you!
The HDMI port is tied to the NVidia card and its disabled. Therefore no
way to get the HDMI to work.

So... What I done:

If you’re really sure you did everything correct like stated in the guide then changing your Intel NVMe SSD is your last option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back