Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad/XiaoXin 700-15ISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan HDMI was working just fine on my machine but it suddenly stopped working all together. When I plug the HDMI cable, the laptop's screen goes black and only the external monitor is brought to life. I still can move the mouse to the laptop's screen as if it's working but it's black. If I unplug the HDMI cable, the laptop's screen doesn't come back and I have to force restart the machine.

Update: The problem occurs first thing when I start the machine, but when I put it to sleep then awake it, both monitors are back. I've tried it several times, and it seems that I've to put the machine to sleep then awake it in order to get both monitors to work!

Problem Reporting Files generated by black.dragon74's script attached.

MacBookPro13,2 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 or MacBookPro11,1.

I didn't check anything else.

Anybody tried Mojave for this laptop? I've been very busy lately.

Anybody tried Mojave for this laptop? I've been very busy lately.
I'm trying to boot the macOS Mojave installer... but it restarts the system at a certain point (kernel panic?)... I haven't checked the logs or anything yet... I just updated the kexts and want to try again... If the problem persists, I'll go through checking logs...

I'm trying to boot the macOS Mojave installer... but it restarts the system at a certain point (kernel panic?)... I haven't checked the logs or anything yet... I just updated the kexts and want to try again... If the problem persists, I'll go through checking logs...
The same is happening with me on both, the beta and the recently-released stable version. No sure what the problem is.

I tried so many different configurations, switched to whatevergreen.kext, used the FBPatcher and couldn't solve my problem. I boot into macOS Mojave utils and no matter what I do (run the installer, using Safari or DiskUtils), after 3 minutes the screen goes black and 1-2 seconds later the laptop restarts. I tried the configurations on my High Sierra as well. Some of them have bad graphics performance, some of them are perfect, but none is causing the system to restart (this happens only with Mojave). Please if you have encountered such a problem, help me to deal with it. I am also attaching my clover folder. At the beginning I thought that the problem is the iGPU, but then the same configuration ran perfectly on HighSierra. That is why I am confused where the problem is and how to fix it. If you have any ideas, help me. Thank You!!! :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 106
I tried so many different configurations, switched to whatevergreen.kext, used the FBPatcher and couldn't solve my problem. I boot into macOS Mojave utils and no matter what I do (run the installer, using Safari or DiskUtils), after 3 minutes the screen goes black and 1-2 seconds later the laptop restarts. I tried the configurations on my High Sierra as well. Some of them have bad graphics performance, some of them are perfect, but none is causing the system to restart (this happens only with Mojave). Please if you have encountered such a problem, help me to deal with it. I am also attaching my clover folder. At the beginning I thought that the problem is the iGPU, but then the same configuration ran perfectly on HighSierra. That is why I am confused where the problem is and how to fix it. If you have any ideas, help me. Thank You!!! :)

Try latest plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I tried to use the same configuration of 10.13.6 with injecting fake id of 0x12345678, and succeeded to boot into the installer and login to the desktop. But when I changed the kexts to Whatever-green+lilu following @headkaze'sguide, it showed a black screen at the login stage.

I tried to use the same configuration of 10.13.6 with injecting fake id of 0x12345678, and succeeded to boot into the installer and login to the desktop. But when I changed the kexts to Whatever-green+lilu following @headkaze'sguide, it showed a black screen at the login stage.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

(use invalid ig-platform-id if needed to collect full PR files with gen_debug.sh)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

(use invalid ig-platform-id if needed to collect full PR files with gen_debug.sh)
SORRY. I MODIFIED THE CONFIG.PLIST & TRIED AGAIN, IT CAN REACH THE DESKTOP, BUT NO GRAPHIC ACCELERATION, IT ONLY SHOWS 7MB. PLS HELP. BTW, I AM WORKING GHANA, IF YOU COME TO GHANA, PLS TO BE MY GUEST.

Attachments

• jaakweep's MacBook Pro.ioreg
    15.5 MB · Views: 111
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot 2018-09-30 at 10.20.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-30 at 10.20.10 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back