Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Me too. I only make SSDT by SSDTtime automatically. DSDT patch is too high for me. Local forum you mean what ?
Sorry for my bad English. I mean a forum site in Turkish. (My post was moved to an inaccessible place because I typed the web address. That's why I'm answering for the second time.)
2. Yes, but DSDT replaced that. DSDT was patched before you add this or someone who patch your DSDT doesn't do that. It should be fix. On Dortania you have command that check this and when I past it it shows error with your DSDT. ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i EHC1
When I open USBMap without DSDT.aml it was showing "Rename required from EHC1 to EH01" warning but with DSDT.aml this warning is not
3. I use only OpenCore boot. Simply open Mac OS mount EFI and copy refi folder on this portion. No using smoothing like you. Are you sure that booting with small button with arrow ? Try to boot with this method from pendrive. Did you delete this plugin brim 4360 ?
I did not understand it.
Are you talking about the Novo button? An entry for the SSD is not automatically created in the boot menu. So I have to create it manually with EasyUEFI.
When I booted from USB after your first post I saw that Bluetooth was working.
4. In my efi 2 kext Voodoo i2c and chid.
Touchscreen is working with single-touch now.
5. You make it with C option ? I have no problem with that
Yes, but I'll try it again.

Sorry for my bad English. I mean a forum site in Turkish. (My post was moved to an inaccessible place because I typed the web address. That's why I'm answering for the second time.)
Ok, I understand
When I open USBMap without DSDT.aml it was showing "Rename required from EHC1 to EH01" warning but with DSDT.aml this warning is not
I will check it, because I have vice versa. Did you use Dortania to do this ? I have the same rename but error when use DSDT. Wifi works after sleep ?
I did not understand it.
Are you talking about the Novo button? An entry for the SSD is not automatically created in the boot menu. So I have to create it manually with EasyUEFI.
When I booted from USB after your first post I saw that Bluetooth was working.
Yes i mean novo button. The same like you boot with usb but you click ssd with opencore efi. If with pendrive it works with this method it should too. But Its hard to say Easyuefi doesn't destory this method.
Touchscreen is working with single-touch now.
Yes but multitouch on screen works too.

I will check it, because I have vice versa. Did you use Dortania to do this ? I have the same rename but error when use DSDT. Wifi works after sleep ?
I checked again. I did not remove DSDT, the rename patch disappeared when I removed SSDT-USB-Reset.aml. Can you check this out?
Yes i mean novo button. The same like you boot with usb but you click ssd with opencore efi. If with pendrive it works with this method it should too. But Its hard to say Easyuefi doesn't destory this method.
When I copy OpenCore files to ESP, there is no entry related to this.
I found a solution.
When I add the BOOTx64.efi file in BOOT to the boot menu instead of OpenCore.efi or Bootstrap.efi with EasyUEFI, Bluetooth works.

Yes but multitouch on screen works too.
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Have you done anything other than adding kext?

I checked again. I did not remove DSDT, the rename patch disappeared when I removed SSDT-USB-Reset.aml. Can you check this out?
Thanks, It was a problem. Now everything works fine :D (without restart and must boot with novo button)
When I copy OpenCore files to ESP, there is no entry related to this.
I found a solution.
When I add the BOOTx64.efi file in BOOT to the boot menu instead of OpenCore.efi or Bootstrap.efi with EasyUEFI, Bluetooth works.
And now boot without novo button properly ?
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Have you done anything other than adding kext?
Only this 2 kexts. Try to put my voodoops2 too and when you do oc clean snapshot in propertree click yes when it ask you to overwrite voodooinput.

Thanks, It was a problem. Now everything works fine :D (without restart and must boot with novo button)
Also with F12 (Fn+F12, Boot menu key) is working for me.
And now boot without novo button properly ?
Yes for a few times. But then again BT stops working. We will continue to use it with Novo or F12.
Only this 2 kexts. Try to put my voodoops2 too and when you do oc clean snapshot in propertree click yes when it ask you to overwrite voodooinput.
It didn't work.
Also, after I update VoodooPS2Controller to version 2.2.0, the Option and Command keys are replaced. So I'll go back to 2.1.9.

Also with F12 (Fn+F12, Boot menu key) is working for me.

Yes for a few times. But then again BT stops working. We will continue to use it with Novo or F12.

It didn't work.
Also, after I update VoodooPS2Controller to version 2.2.0, the Option and Command keys are replaced. So I'll go back to 2.1.9.

use the SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl (compile to aml)

Hello, I have a lenovo u430p with Catalina.
In Mojave everything worked fine but in Catalina the bluetooth or battery does not work. I have the BCM94352HMB card.
I send my EFI to see if you can help me. Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 149
Hello, I have a lenovo u430p with Catalina.
In Mojave everything worked fine but in Catalina the bluetooth or battery does not work. I have the BCM94352HMB card.
I send my EFI to see if you can help me. Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.
If you're using Catalina, I recommend using it with Clover. Everything works fine with Clover.
Also, you can follow this guide by using BrcmPatchRAM3 instead of BrcmPatchRAM2.

Hello all,

many thanks to RehabMan for your great work.

I have installed the u530 20289 with rebuilt BCM94352HMB and Mojave.
In the install_downloads.sh I have commented out the special kext for the Atheros AR9280.
The config.plist is matching the HD4400 and SMBIOS was edited manually as described.

Many things work fine.
Only unfortunately no Bluetooth. The internal keyboard and touchpad only work with bootstick, but not when I run the install script. External devices work via USB.

HD4400 (works)
Keyboard backlight (works)
Touch (works)
Battery status (works)
USB injection (works)
Wifi (works)
Ethernet (works)

Bluetooth (not working)
Keyboard (not working)
Touchpad (does not work)
Audio (headphones only)

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Many greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back