CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
When I boot from the USB, I have only one boot option which is "Boot macOS Install from install_osx" as shown in the attached picture. How can I boot my main partition?
It likely means your content in drivers64UEFI is wrong, or your version of Clover is old.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached (no EFI/Clover attached).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It likely means your content in drivers64UEFI is wrong, or your version of Clover is old.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached (no EFI/Clover attached).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Regarding Problem Reporting, I'm having difficulties to understand what I should do... It says:

"If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder."

In my case, I can only get to the Clover boot menu, and I can't even try to boot my boot partition (because no option is displayed on the Clover boot menu). I pressed F2 and then F4 at the Clover boot menu, but I don't understand how to get a ZIP file.

Anyway, I tried UEFI interactive shell. I checked the HD's EFI partition and I have the drivers shown in the attached photo. It looks fine, doesn't it? I also checked config.plist, and found out it has not been changed at all compared with the one before the 10.14.1 update.

So, I would like to understand why the boot partition (APFS volume) is not mounted. I mean I think the Clover boot menu can't show the boot partition because it's not mounted. Which module does control mounting the disk?

If I can fix my issue without reinstalling macOS from scratch, it would be great. I'm sorry that I can't provide the ZIP file, though.

Thank you.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Regarding Problem Reporting, I'm having difficulties to understand what I should do... It says:

"If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder."

In my case, I can only get to the Clover boot menu, and I can't even try to boot my boot partition (because no option is displayed on the Clover boot menu). I pressed F2 and then F4 at the Clover boot menu, but I don't understand how to get a ZIP file.

Anyway, I tried UEFI interactive shell. I checked the HD's EFI partition and I have the drivers shown in the attached photo. It looks fine, doesn't it? I also checked config.plist, and found out it has not been changed at all compared with the one before the 10.14.1 update.

So, I would like to understand why the boot partition (APFS volume) is not mounted. I mean I think the Clover boot menu can't show the boot partition because it's not mounted. Which module does control mounting the disk?

If I can fix my issue without reinstalling macOS from scratch, it would be great. I'm sorry that I can't provide the ZIP file, though.

Thank you.
You should boot from a USB prepared according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Then you can collect problem reporting files.

Or, realize that EFI is FAT32 and can be collected from Windows or Linux.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
You should boot from a USB prepared according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Then you can collect problem reporting files.

Or, realize that EFI is FAT32 and can be collected from Windows or Linux.
In short, I was able to boot from the boot volume AFTER I restored the boot volume with a backup by using Time Machine. So, the system was reverted back to 10.14. But, the Clover boot menu now shows the boot volume and macOS can now be booted fine :)

I still don't know what went wrong when I updated to 10.14.1. I can try again, but I have attached Clover.zip just in case. Thank you.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
In short, I was able to boot from the boot volume AFTER I restored the boot volume with a backup by using Time Machine. So, the system was reverted back to 10.14. But, the Clover boot menu now shows the boot volume and macOS can now be booted fine :)

I still don't know what went wrong when I updated to 10.14.1. I can try again, but I have attached Clover.zip just in case. Thank you.
apfs.efi should not be in drivers64UEFI. That is the job of ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

Make sure you update everything (as per post #1 post-install instructions) prior to the starting the 10.14.1 update.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
apfs.efi should not be in drivers64UEFI. That is the job of ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

Make sure you update everything (as per post #1 post-install instructions) prior to the starting the 10.14.1 update.
I deleted apfs.efi from drivers64UEFI, and then updated everything according to the instruction, and then updated to 10.14.1.

During the initial part of the update, my U430p automatically rebooted a few times. One of the times, I saw a Mac error message at the middle of the screen with multiple languages, but a few seconds later, it was rebooted again automatically. Is this normal? Anyway, I didn't touch the machine at all. It took like 30 minutes to complete the update process, and 14.10.1 was booted fine.

In fact, I got to this point even when I tried last time. After the update, I ran install_downloads.sh according to the instruction. But, this process was a bit strange to me, and I would like to check if the things I saw are expected or not. I mean I had to type my password many times (I didn't count how many, but it was many). Please see the 1st screenshot I attached. Then, I saw many "Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: ......" messages. Please see the 2nd screenshot I attached. Please note that I didn't see these issues (many passwords entries and invalid signatured messages) last time I tried to update to 10.14.1.

Anyway, after install_downloads.sh is completed, I checked main functionalities, and it seems everything is working as expected.

Then, I restarted the machine to check if the MacOS is booted fine because the Clover boot menu didn't show the boot volume when I tried to update to 14.10.1 last time (well, that's how I started to report my problem...).

This time, the boot menu was displayed on the Clover boot menu, and I was able to boot up 14.10.1 successfully. So far, it seems everything is working as expected. So, in short, I was able to update to 14.10.1 successfully this time. I don't know if there is anything wrong with the many password entries and the invalid signatured messages I saw during the execution of install_downloads.sh after the OS update, though.

RehabMan, thank you very much for providing all the information and for your help!

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I deleted apfs.efi from drivers64UEFI, and then updated everything according to the instruction, and then updated to 10.14.1.

During the initial part of the update, my U430p automatically rebooted a few times. One of the times, I saw a Mac error message at the middle of the screen with multiple languages, but a few seconds later, it was rebooted again automatically. Is this normal? Anyway, I didn't touch the machine at all. It took like 30 minutes to complete the update process, and 14.10.1 was booted fine.

In fact, I got to this point even when I tried last time. After the update, I ran install_downloads.sh according to the instruction. But, this process was a bit strange to me, and I would like to check if the things I saw are expected or not. I mean I had to type my password many times (I didn't count how many, but it was many). Please see the 1st screenshot I attached. Then, I saw many "Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: ......" messages. Please see the 2nd screenshot I attached. Please note that I didn't see these issues (many passwords entries and invalid signatured messages) last time I tried to update to 10.14.1.

Anyway, after install_downloads.sh is completed, I checked main functionalities, and it seems everything is working as expected.

Then, I restarted the machine to check if the MacOS is booted fine because the Clover boot menu didn't show the boot volume when I tried to update to 14.10.1 last time (well, that's how I started to report my problem...).

This time, the boot menu was displayed on the Clover boot menu, and I was able to boot up 14.10.1 successfully. So far, it seems everything is working as expected. So, in short, I was able to update to 14.10.1 successfully this time. I don't know if there is anything wrong with the many password entries and the invalid signatured messages I saw during the execution of install_downloads.sh after the OS update, though.

RehabMan, thank you very much for providing all the information and for your help!
If you have a question regarding your current setup, you must provide problem reporting files as per post #1.

Motherboard
Lenovo u430p
CPU
i5 4200U
Graphics
HD 4400 + GT 730M
Hi. On my laptop u430p does not work swipe gestures, etc. How to enable gestures on the touchpad?

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS