Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
I'm so appreciate of your assistance. However, it's working only when NVIDIA disabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• WithoutVideo2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • WithVideo2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20180522_113147.jpg
    IMG_20180522_113147.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 128
Hi RehabMan,
I'm so appreciate of your assistance. However, it's working only when NVIDIA disabled in BIOS.

Remove the call to _OFF from SSDT-HACK.aml and see if you can boot.
(if I can get a valid successful boot with final EFI/Clover and Nvidia enabled, I can analyze patchmatic extract output to see if everything is patched as I expect it)

And also, please remember to delete all files from ACPI/origin and press F4 to regenerate before collecting any EFI/Clover for PR files.
I think your ACPI/origin is not accurate for each of the PR files you attached (eg. you changed BIOS options, but didn't clear ACPI/origin and regenerate).

Last edited:
The latest fix allowed me to load system with enabled NVidia. The latest debug files attached.

Attachments

• Debug.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
+ issue with tachpad - Synaptics. Currently it's support only scroll up/down/lef/right with 2 fingers + 2 finger double click. There are no actions for other gestures with three fingers or zoom

+ system rebooted when I'm don't touch it (like go to the sleep mode and rebooted). Error log attached

Attachments

• Debug.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • errorlog.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
The latest fix allowed me to load system with enabled NVidia. The latest debug files attached.

At least we know now it is something to do with calling _OFF.

Need complete PR files.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Are you certain Nvidia was enabled for the patchmatic -extract output you attached here?
It doesn't look like it (an expected SSDT is missing).

Last edited:
+ issue with tachpad - Synaptics. Currently it's support only scroll up/down/lef/right with 2 fingers + 2 finger double click. There are no actions for other gestures with three fingers or zoom

+ system rebooted when I'm don't touch it (like go to the sleep mode and rebooted). Error log attached

Three finger swipes must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.
Pinch+Zoom is not implemented.

At least we know now it is something to do with calling _OFF.

Need complete PR files.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Are you certain Nvidia was enabled for the patchmatic -extract output you attached here?
It doesn't look like it (an expected SSDT is missing).

Yes.
I've:
1. Enabled NVIDIA in BIOS
2. cleaned up Clover\ACPI\origin folder, retireved new version from the clover
3. loaded to the system
4. prepare all files:
patchmatic, kextstats, zmls, IOsRegistry

what part of problem solving logs I missed?

Yes.
I've:
1. Enabled NVIDIA in BIOS
2. cleaned up Clover\ACPI\origin folder, retireved new version from the clover
3. loaded to the system
4. prepare all files:
patchmatic, kextstats, zmls, IOsRegistry

what part of problem solving logs I missed?

There is no SSDT with _OFF method as was present in your previous ACPI/origin.
It implies the dump was made with Nvidia disabled in BIOS.

It's strange. I'll double check it. I'll do it in 2 weeks (not able to check it now due to business trip abroad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back