Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this tutorial work for Lenovo Ideapad 310

The title is: [Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530
The answer seems pretty clear, which of course, is "NO".

The u310 is Ivy Bridge. This guide is for Haswell series (one generation later).
Use search.

RehabMan, thanks for amazing guide.
I have u430 and this instruction is working perfectly.
Little questions: can I use u430+ssd samsung 850 evo with trim functions on macOS 10.13?

Last edited:
RehabMan, thanks for amazing guide.
I have u430 and this instruction is working perfectly.
Little questions: can I use u430+ssd samsung 850 evo with trim functions on macOS 10.13?

My u430 has an 840 EVO.
TRIM on 850 EVO probably works just fine with HFS+J.
It is with APFS that you might run into issues.
Try it.

Hi RehabMan,
first of all, thanks for the amazing guide!
I followed the steps and achieved to run High Sierra on my Lenovo u430 Laptop. But I still have some trouble, since I have a dual-gpu laptop with a Nvidia GT 730M. Because I had already trouble with it during the installation, I disabled it in BIOS, so my laptop actually runs only with the Intel graphics chip.
Since I set up a dual-boot system with High Sierra and Windows 10, it would be great if I could use the Nvidia at least in Windows. So in the guide you wrote that the nvidia could keep activated in BIOS and would be deactivated by the ssdt-hack, but this seems not to work. When I try to boot High Sierra with the nvidia activated, the bootscreen stalls. I also tried to install the Nvidia webdrivers in OSX which also didn't help.

So I would really appreciate if you have an advice for me, what I could try to do. If you need any further informations, please let me know.

Regards from germany :)

Hi RehabMan,
first of all, thanks for the amazing guide!
I followed the steps and achieved to run High Sierra on my Lenovo u430 Laptop. But I still have some trouble, since I have a dual-gpu laptop with a Nvidia GT 730M. Because I had already trouble with it during the installation, I disabled it in BIOS, so my laptop actually runs only with the Intel graphics chip.

This guide assumes the dual-GPU is enabled in BIOS.
Follow post #1 as written.

When I try to boot High Sierra with the nvidia activated, the bootscreen stalls.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry for the mistake. I attached a photo of my stalled screen and a zip folder of the files described in the 'problem reporting' section

Attachments

• DSC_0503.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 205
  • problem-reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Sorry for the mistake. I attached a photo of my stalled screen and a zip folder of the files described in the 'problem reporting' section

Your Clover version is likely no good.
Use my version of Clover.
Make sure the Nvidia device is enabled in BIOS as SSDT-HACK.aml assumes it is.

Hi!
Sierra (10.12.6) works perfectly, but I got stuck screen while booting up High Sierra upgrade installer.
I am using your version of Clover (Clover_v2.4k_r4318) with latest kexts on U430p (i5-4200u).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171203-172916.png
    Screenshot_20171203-172916.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
  • Képernyőfotó 2017-12-03 - 17.27.00.png
    Képernyőfotó 2017-12-03 - 17.27.00.png
    467 KB · Views: 269
  • problem-reporting.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back