Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not. If you had installed UEFI, there would be \EFI\Ubuntu folder on your EFI partition.

Keep in mind USB created with unetbootin is enabled for both legacy and UEFI boot.

Hi,RehabMan

Maybe I understand why I do not see ubuntu in CLover bootloader
because there isn't this driver "VBoxExt4-64.efi"
in Folder EFI\CLOVER\driver64UEFI\...right?

Thanks

Hi,RehabMan

Maybe I understand why I do not see ubuntu in CLover bootloader
because there isn't this driver "VBoxExt4-64.efi"
in Folder EFI\CLOVER\driver64UEFI\...right?

Thanks

No. Need to install Ubuntu in UEFI mode.

The steps are clearly covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

With a few tips in post #1 (kext selection, etc).

You will need newer than v3259 for 10.11. Current is v3280.

Good evening today I managed to install Yosemite
I followed your guide
But I have some problems
* osx start slow, at some point it stops and then starts again in verbose
before you get to the desktop display becomes black and white after the Desktop with qe-ci
trackpad not work
battery not work

I tried to install the git / install downloads but on restart
osx do not start
I'm trying slowly slowly will succeed

sorry for my bad English

Good evening today I managed to install Yosemite
I followed your guide
But I have some problems
* osx start slow, at some point it stops and then starts again in verbose
before you get to the desktop display becomes black and white after the Desktop with qe-ci
trackpad not work
battery not work

I tried to install the git / install downloads but on restart
osx do not start
I'm trying slowly slowly will succeed

sorry for my bad English

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Please note future discussion for 10.11 should happen at the 10.11 guide (linked by post #1).

This thread should be used only if you're running 10.10.

I created a script that can patch the BIOS (a particular version). It removes both the CPU PM config lock (MSR 0xE2), and the WiFi whitelist. One person, 'kylec', successfully used it to create and flash a patched BIOS. Details are here: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-Lenovo-Ideapad-U430-Touch-Bios-7CCN26WW

I never used my own patch, as flashing the modified BIOS requires removing the chip from the motherboard, which I felt is beyond my soldering skills. For me, modding the eeprom on the WiFi card is a better option, and avoids the risks associated with flashing the chip. I'll probably have this laptop for only another year, so it didn't seem worth the risk.

If there was a way to flash modded BIOS without removing the chip, the risk/reward calculus would be different.

Would this patch work on U530 touch? I dont have Wifi and ended up ordering the wrong card for my U530 (BCM94331CD Good for hackintosh bad for me ;( ) ... Or is there a wireless card that would get past the bios and work with 10.11? I would rather not mess around with the bios.... Thanks

Would this patch work on U530 touch?

Yes. Note thread title.

I dont have Wifi and ended up ordering the wrong card for my U530 (BCM94331CD Good for hackintosh bad for me ;( ) ... Or is there a wireless card that would get past the bios and work with 10.11? I would rather not mess around with the bios.... Thanks

WiFi recommendation is in post #1.

You need to have the latest BIOS to install BCD94352HMB.

Device: Lenovo U530 Touch
CPU: Core i7 - 4510u
GPU: HD4400
Hello dear Rahabman!
When I boot from HDD, keyboard and mouse does not work. It only works when I boot from USB.
I have used the standard Config.plist and used my own ID etc. for the Installer I used the normal install-config.plist (renamed, of course!).

Attachments

• Efi Folders.zip
    31.7 MB · Views: 318
Device: Lenovo U530 Touch
CPU: Core i7 - 4510u
GPU: HD4400
Hello dear Rahabman!
When I boot from HDD, keyboard and mouse does not work. It only works when I boot from USB.
I have used the standard Config.plist and used my own ID etc. for the Installer I used the normal install-config.plist (renamed, of course!).

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back