Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening I just bought a IdeaPad U330 Touch

i3 4020u
Intel HD4200 1366x768
wifi intel (to be replaced)
are days that I try to build el capitan but the boot stops Hmm ... mismatch sizes from 3200 to20, after 10 minute a while the screen lights up and the wheel spins endlessly and the installation does not start

I created the stick with createinstallmedia I included the kext in clover / kext / other (fakesmc, voodoops2controller, RealtekRTL8111)
post my config.plist
best regards francesco

The config.plist you're using is not appropriate for installation. It is after full ACPI patching, etc.

For setting up USB for installation, follow the guide linked by post #1.

That is not the config.plist recommended by the guide, but it should work ok, provided you're using the correct USB port, correct USB, and have created EFI/Clover correctly... (best result with USB3 stick plugged into the one USB3 port.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

my efi folder
usb installer in usb 3.0

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 145
my efi folder
usb installer in usb 3.0

This is not a EFI/Clover for USB install. There are patched DSDT/SSDTs here (but a config.plist that doesn't match).

The guide does not call for OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and 10.11. No kexts will be injected (Clover/kexts/Other will be ignored). The guide recommends removing all version specific directories. Also the kexts in kexts/Other are not those linked by the guide.

Follow the guide in post #1 as written.

sorry but are not very good
I have to understand the steps to create the stick
when I install clover if I install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not boot (stop and return menu clover gui)
with OsxAptioFix2Drv 64.efi usb-boot installer
i use clover Clover 3259
when I have some time I was able to understand
today work
Yours sincerely Francesco

sorry but are not very good
I have to understand the steps to create the stick
when I install clover if I install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not boot (stop and return menu clover gui)
with OsxAptioFix2Drv 64.efi usb-boot installer
i use clover Clover 3259
when I have some time I was able to understand
today work
Yours sincerely Francesco

The steps are clearly covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

With a few tips in post #1 (kext selection, etc).

You will need newer than v3259 for 10.11. Current is v3280.

Alright, I did everything from scratch again and have a working 10.11 installation, thanks to Rehabman. :clap:

About restoring from TimeMachine: This time I only restored the data of my user. No Programs (might work though) and no other stuff. Restoring only user's data did not mess up my installation but I have to reinstall every program. The good thing is: The settings of the programs have been restored, so they work exactly like before.

Then I switched to livebranch without any trouble! I'm on a U330p without nvida graphics. Everything works as expected. Great work!

Then I switched to livebranch without any trouble! I'm on a U330p without nvida graphics. Everything works as expected. Great work!

I'd like to see ioreg/results of this just to verify.

Can you post the files requested in "Problem Reporting"?

After a bit more positive feedback, I think I'll make the 'livepatch' the new default.

Here are the files.

Making it default is fine by me :D

Attachments

• RehabMan_5i1v3rStorm.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back