Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

...i follow it 100% and all work 100% also Graphic's the only issue was the little glitch on Logo Screen when it boot's and sometimes that it glitch when i change to native resolution. Maybe the U530 is a little bit different? After you installing following your guide it boots up first time you only see glitches on the screen in the other guide here calling "U530 Guide" i read about this Problem the fix is to wait the screen go off than you turn on and you can see all, here also work open close the lid....after following your guide fix all Terminal Commands fix the Problem only 3 of 10 Times when change to native resolution it glitch and of course the little boot glitch when start up the machine ...i try all the garble fixes that i can found n different between your config list - simple change the boot option do it, maybe this is also in your guide than i forget to read this line :) - Only thing what maybe not Correct now, when i use the machine without charger on battery it has not so good performance and the half benchmrkscore in geek bench, is this an issue or for more battery life ?

...i follow it 100% and all work 100% also Graphic's the only issue was the little glitch on Logo Screen when it boot's and sometimes that it glitch when i change to native resolution.

The glitch is very short lived (as on all), but this solution is already implemented in my guide, which is why I asked about it.

If what you're pointing out is that the glitch is less severe when you enable Legacy boot in BIOS (but still boot UEFI), yes... I've noticed that as well. Which confirms my suspicion that the problem is related to incomplete/incompatible initialization of the graphics chip by BIOS (eg. different from Apple's firmware).

Maybe the U530 is a little bit different? After you installing following your guide it boots up first time you only see glitches on the screen in the other guide here calling "U530 Guide" i read about this Problem the fix is to wait the screen go off than you turn on and you can see all, here also work open close the lid....after following your guide fix all Terminal Commands fix the Problem only 3 of 10 Times when change to native resolution it glitch and of course the little boot glitch when start up the machine ...i try all the garble fixes that i can found n different between your config list - simple change the boot option do it, maybe this is also in your guide than i forget to read this line :) - Only thing what maybe not Correct now, when i use the machine without charger on battery it has not so good performance and the half benchmrkscore in geek bench, is this an issue or for more battery life ?

I have the same GB3 results on battery as on AC adapter... approx. 2570/5100.

Quick note...

Just pushed an update to the patch repo that fixes a problem in _WAK.

It is important, so everyone should repatch.

I know the fix is included in your Guide and it works, but i try to fix the little Boot glitch and also complete Glitching from Time to Time when switch to FHD and only when you Switch to FHD - Maybe it's an Idea you write in the Guide for U530 enable Legacy Boot fix all Glitch issues and also it boot up first time with no problem's - Is there a Way to turn off the Lenovo Logo at Boot in many Bios there is an Fast Boot Option but here no :(

I know the fix is included in your Guide and it works, but i try to fix the little Boot glitch and also complete Glitching from Time to Time when switch to FHD and only when you Switch to FHD - Maybe it's an Idea you write in the Guide for U530 enable Legacy Boot fix all Glitch issues and also it boot up first time with no problem's - Is there a Way to turn off the Lenovo Logo at Boot in many Bios there is an Fast Boot Option but here no :(

Moved off-topic posts to u430 guide thread.

Made a note of Legacy boot wrt graphics boot glitches in post #1.

I have bought 2 card of BCM, just I tried 1 passed bios check which with MAC ADDRESS start with 240, also has B1 signed on corner; another one hasn't pass the bios check, which has Mac address start with 206... Perhaps also this will be a idea for chosing?
Ps. The one can't use I have sent back, because I bought 2 weeks ago and I was in Italy, today is the last day I can refund... I don't have time to plug in another PC to check the id...

here attached pic for your ref if you need...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 160
Regarding the U530 Audio Driver - Is it possible to change somewhere in the audio kext the Audio Frequenz settings? I have experimented with AULab and found that a reduction of about -12dB at 512khz band (used 10 band Graphics EQ) really worked wonders for that is precisely the area the Sound Card with Dolby Home Theater used to neutral sounding! On the Mac, the sound card sounds terrible but if you do the 512khz band reduced by -12db you have a beautiful neutral sound ! As a sound engineer, I immediately noticed that it is up to this frequency range! Is it possible to integrate an eq in the audio kext or edit the frequency setting somewhere in the driver?

Regarding the U530 Audio Driver - Is it possible to change somewhere in the audio kext the Audio Frequenz settings? I have experimented with AULab and found that a reduction of about -12dB at 512khz band (used 10 band Graphics EQ) really worked wonders for that is precisely the area the Sound Card with Dolby Home Theater used to neutral sounding! On the Mac, the sound card sounds terrible but if you do the 512khz band reduced by -12db you have a beautiful neutral sound ! As a sound engineer, I immediately noticed that it is up to this frequency range! Is it possible to integrate an eq in the audio kext or edit the frequency setting somewhere in the driver?

Probably not.

Today I got my BCM94352HMB (Azurewave) and thanks to RehabMan's patches, everything now works great (incl. Handoff/Hotspot). It passed the whitelist without any problems. The IDs on my broadcom card are nearly the same as RehabMan's, except the last two numbers: 14e4:43b1:106b:2123. Bought the card from eBay after 5i1v3rStorm's comment (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...30-u530-using-clover-uefi-11.html#post1003898).
Thank you all for your infos and patches! Hope I could help somewhat with my ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back