Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: Moved guide post #1 from El Capitan guides section.

Post 10.10 questions to the Yosemite guides thread.
Post 10.11 questions to the El Capitan guides thread.
Post 10.12 questions here.

Hey! Will macOS High Sierra work out-of-the box? Will you update the guide?
Thank you for the great work!
- fronbasal

Hey! Will macOS High Sierra work out-of-the box? Will you update the guide?
Thank you for the great work!
- fronbasal

10.13 works with a few trivial changes.
We will see what happens after final release.

Hi RehabMan ! Hope you're doing well :thumbup:
I am on 10.12.6 , updated from previous version through App Store.

I have done this on both my Lenovo and Desktop (different setting and Guides) and it seems they both have an issue now where selecting entire words with a double click and/or copying with Cmd+C has a delay in completing the action each in its own. It could take something like 3 secs to actually completing the command. It did not have this lag before.
I suppose it must have come with the update since both are doing that and they're different sets.

Have you experienced this yourself? Any ideas if it might indeed be the update?
I have done the git update on my Lenovo and still the same.

Cheers !!

Hi RehabMan ! Hope you're doing well :thumbup:
I am on 10.12.6 , updated from previous version through App Store.

I have done this on both my Lenovo and Desktop (different setting and Guides) and it seems they both have an issue now where selecting entire words with a double click and/or copying with Cmd+C has a delay in completing the action each in its own. It could take something like 3 secs to actually completing the command. It did not have this lag before.
I suppose it must have come with the update since both are doing that and they're different sets.

Have you experienced this yourself? Any ideas if it might indeed be the update?
I have done the git update on my Lenovo and still the same.

Cheers !!

No such issue here on any of my hacks.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi RehabMan,
Thank you for you detailed guide. I've installed it on my u430 touch and is working really nicely.

I would like to get the internal wifi working so I was looking into the BCM94352HMB Azurewave AW-CE123H PCI-E 867M WIFI ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172784718235)
Would that specific card work and pass the white list? I asked the ebay seller for the IDs and he have provided me with these:
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_062E14E4&REV_03
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_062E14E4
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&CC_0280

-thanks

Hi RehabMan,
Thank you for you detailed guide. I've installed it on my u430 touch and is working really nicely.

I would like to get the internal wifi working so I was looking into the BCM94352HMB Azurewave AW-CE123H PCI-E 867M WIFI ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172784718235)
Would that specific card work and pass the white list? I asked the ebay seller for the IDs and he have provided me with these:
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_062E14E4&REV_03
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_062E14E4
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&CC_0280

-thanks

That is a different Azurewave than the one I installed, but I don't think there is any problem, as I think all BCM94352 are whitelisted by the current BIOS.

[SOLVED Touchpad and Keyboard]
Hi at all
For my Lenovo U330 Touch with Synaptics Touchpad, I used the kexts how in the picture:
upload_2017-9-12_18-13-43.png

Everything works fine:
F1=Volume On/Off
F2=Volume - (decreases holding down)
F3=Volume + (increases holding down)
F11=Brightness - (decreases holding down)
F12=Brightness + (increases holding down)
PERFECT!

[SOLVED Touchpad and Keyboard]
Hi at all
For my Lenovo U330 Touch with Synaptics Touchpad, I used the kexts how in the picture:

If you follow this guide, the correct kext for Synaptics is already installed (VoodooPS2Controller.kext).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back