Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Ideapad S540-14IWL - (Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4 with Clover) and (MacOS 11 BigSur with OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bios is 2.05 (its in the pictures i sent)

I will try to assemble a patched ACPI folder for you.

Ok... try this.
Replace your ACPI/patched with this
And use the attached config.plist as a guide. Dont just move it in your EFI. Instead modify your config.plist with my settings. Use clover configurator to copy/paste devices properties , patches etc.

Report back with feedback

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.7 KB · Views: 119
  • patched.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 113
Hello,My S540-14IWL I'm repeatedly rebooting with this error.
(In memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced ****)
I use your files,change plist,and unlock CFG.
Please help

Hello,My S540-14IWL I'm repeatedly rebooting with this error.
(In memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced ****)
I use your files,change plist,and unlock CFG.
Please help
Did you change your bios settings to ACHI?

Right now .. unfortunately no.
Tomorrow morning will be better...

Dont use any VoodooI2C patches to your DSDT.

Thank you very much, hasodikis.
The installation is now complete.
The cause of my failure was because I had disabled the item of Intel platform trust technorogy in BIOS setting and I had disabled the item of Intel(R) SGX.

I completed the installation, installed the CLOVER on the S540-14IWL, and replaced the EFI of the 12-4-2020 NO CFG LOCK EFI with the EFI of the S540-14IWL, but the touchpad does not work.

Hey ... I was very busy for the last few days and I just saw the messages....
Are you trying to get it to work in polling mode or in pinning.
I suggest that you dont try pinning mode....we have tried numerous hours with marianopela with out any success........
From what I see we have the same touchpad, so use my SSDTs and in polling mode it should just work with VoodooI2C kext and VoodooI2CHID kext (always refresh kext cache when you are messing around with VoodooI2C kexts).

Also since you got the CFG unlocked in config.plist set plugintype=1 to false, dont use HPW for cpu, install cpufriend kext with a cpufriend data provider in Clover. This is the optimal set up for power consumption.
We have identified 2 bugs and we try to sort them out:
1. With plugintype=1 set to true then there is a misreporting on battery status of around 5% between system and coconutbattery and there is a sudden drop or around 10% of battery when you reach 14-15% (it goes immediately at 5%)
2. With plugintype=1 set to false the problemseems to go away but depending on your battery health then the laptop turns off at round 10% battery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back