Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Yep, I’m slowly getting used to the open-core, I set the download to 1 second, I thought this window could be completely removed, but no))) I changed the version of the macbook, as in my opinion. The processor is more suitable for 15.2. A couple of reboots and the system began to heat up and slow down less, but it's still slower than Catalina on a clover ... although I think I need to test and fine-tune the system for a couple of days. btw i added "-igfxblr to boot-args" and boot is now normal without black screen and 5 minute wait. If I throw off the EFI with my changes, can you tell me what else can be changed there exactly for my laptop configuration?
your computer looks same as mine, except for the processor. So, I think rest of the settings should require no changes for you.

Hi) turned off the picker completely, because when loading win 11 through clover, problems with bluetooth and sleep begin, regardless of win or macOS, now it only loads through f12 and there are no problems, so far I have not noticed anything so critical! the temperature in both OS is acceptable, it stays at 50-60 with rare periodic jumps up to 80 (I think this is a nuance of the laptop itself, the thermal paste is new.)

Is there any work-around for non-working keyboard during boot problem? Did I describe it clearly?

1671563865218.png

It seems that HS04 is keyboard and touchpad (flagged as internal). I guess HS07 is card reader but I'm not sure since card reader does not work at all on Monterey.
HS01/SS01 and HS02/SS02 are the USB-A ports on the right side next to the card reader and HS03/SS03 is USB-C port on the left side next to the HDMI port.
But the problem is, HS10 is also internal and it recognizes the BRCM20702 automatically but it does not recognize keyboard and touchpad. Could this be related with bootloader keyboard issue?

Hello, I installed the new repo @4mit but the BT isn't working? Anyone experienced that with Monterey?

Anyone updated to Sonoma?

Hi fellow ideapad s340 users. Still hacking?
I think I need some performance upgrade but upgrading from i5 8265U to i7 10870H does not look like much of an upgrade performance-wise so I'm thinking of adding some more memory. I have additional 4 gigs of RAM already but some of you guys had installed 8 gigs modules before.
Would it make any difference if I replace my 4 gigs stick with 8 or perhaps 16 gigs stick? Would you recommend me to go for it?

You're right the 10th gen intel processors aren't much of a upgrade from the 8th gen.
But if you are at 8BG, the extra RAM is definitely worth it. Go for it!

I will update my repo in coming weeks to the latest drivers and opencore.

Hello, I still can’t make my brightness slider to work. Anyone has some suggestions? Thanks

Back