Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

good day

dear friends who can help me I can not install any kernel panic assembly, as far as I understand, because of the NVME disk SKHynix_HFS256GD9TNG-L3A0B

when you remove it, everything is installed perfectly on the HDD

if someone puts on this disk (NVME) or I missed something in the BIOS settings, although I did everything according to the instructions and ACHI was selected

Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.

Edit - I've tweaked the FrameBuffer patching. See attached pic. Maybe it'll help if you have any HDMI problems
Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.

Edit - I've tweaked the FrameBuffer patching. See attached pic. Maybe it'll help if you have any HDMI problems.
@curtistn hello, after updating to Big Sur 11.5, the brightness slider doesn't work anymore. Do you have maybe the same problem? Any solution? Thanks for your help :)

@curtistn hello, after updating to Big Sur 11.5, the brightness slider doesn't work anymore. Do you have maybe the same problem? Any solution? Thanks for your help :)
@Patrick545 I haven't tried it lately.
You might try a newer version of the BrightnessKeys.kext
Found here
Copy over the existing one found in your EFI folder.

Update: The brightness keys (F11, F12) still work on BigSur 11.6
I updated to the lasted BrightnessKeys.kext; and (interestingly) an issue, where the screen would be black/blank for a minute upon first boot, is now resolved.

Update2: The brightness slider, in Big Sur's Control Center, works in 11.6

Last edited:
FWIW... (Using Open Core 0.7.4)

Monterey.png

Open Core 0.7.4 for the Lenovo S340 laptop. Fill in your own Serial Number, UUID, etc. in the config.plist file; or use OpenCore Configurator 2.52.000 to generate them. I think everything works ok (your mileage may vary). On occasion, though, I still get a blank screen upon boot for a minute or so, then the login screen appears. It very well could be my IPS panel, or the framebuffer patching isn't perfect.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore074.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Open Core 0.7.4 for the Lenovo S340 laptop. Fill in your own Serial Number, UUID, etc. in the config.plist file; or use OpenCore Configurator 2.52.000 to generate them. I think everything works ok (your mileage may vary). On occasion, though, I still get a blank screen upon boot for a minute or so, then the login screen appears. It very well could be my IPS panel, or the framebuffer patching isn't perfect.
Thanks.. Should I just replace my efi folder with this one? Changing ofc the things in con fig.plist file.
And then update like you told me before?

Thanks.. Should I just replace my efi folder with this one? Changing ofc the things in con fig.plist file.
And then update like you told me before?
Basically, yes.
Update the config.plist file with your S/N, UUID, MLB: in the PlatformInfo section, look for the areas labeled "fill-in".
It's probably wisest to copy this EFI to a GPT formatted USB stick. Test by booting from it; press F12 key on keyboard, when starting the laptop, to display the boot selection menu -> choose USB stick. Make sure everything works. Then, if all is good, replace your EFI folder on your main drive (SSD or NVME). Don't forget to backup your working/existing EFI.
Then, you're ready to update to Monterey.

Last edited:
Back