Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.

Edit - I've tweaked the FrameBuffer patching. See attached pic. Maybe it'll help if you have any HDMI problems.
Thank you man. This made a real hard transition a breeze. Just copied your EFI and generated SMBIOS and NVRAM stuff and bam! Worked like a charm!

Edit: HDMI with sound works after sleep/wake confirmed.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried YogaSMC with this laptop? I'd love to try hackintosh on mine if this was possible. I already enjoy the benefits of YogaSMC.kext on my Thinkpad x240 and works great.

Has anyone tried YogaSMC with this laptop? I'd love to try hackintosh on mine if this was possible. I already enjoy the benefits of YogaSMC.kext on my Thinkpad x240 and works great.
What's the difference and why should we use it?

Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.

Edit - I've tweaked the FrameBuffer patching. See attached pic. Maybe it'll help if you have any HDMI problems.
hello thanks for share, but i can install macos bigsur
The installation stopped as shown in the picture, I think due to the bios config is wrong, I followed the bios guide https://github.com/WraithWinterly/Lenovo-Ideapad-S340-Hackintosh-Catalina-OpenCore.

Attachments

• 162694906_2782603435290697_5472181131163715426_o.jpeg
    162694906_2782603435290697_5472181131163715426_o.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 88
A complete guide is here

Though, I'd recommend starting with the OpenCore Configurator app. Use it to open the config.plist file. Explore around and see what's there. The only modification is to create a Serial Number and a System UUID. I chose MacBookPro14,1 as the desired model. See attached picture.
hello your laptop is the same with me.but my laptop almost good working except for trackpad battery and hdmi output,could you help me if your laptop all good working.

Have someone updated to Catalina 10.15.7. Is everything working?
No my laptop have updated to catalina 10.15.7 ,but the trackpad isn’t working. I found someone trackpad is working well on pooling mode.

Attachments

• Send me PersonakdiMarco.station 2.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
Me, too... The Broadcom WiFi drivers cause Windows10 to crash/freeze, when I install it on an NVMe drive. Though, when Windows is on a 2.5" SSD drive, it works fine. Weird.
Also, no crashing issues with Windows 8.1 on the NVMe drive. Though, good luck finding a Win8.1 video driver for the intel UHD 630.
Could you share your efi with me
Thanks for your help

I didnt have my laptop, one I used for the guide, with me for a while. hence, no updates. Not any longer.

I have successfully installed Big Sur on open core, and mostly have it working. Expect a update soon.

ps: Missed you guys.

Back