Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.

Edit - I've tweaked the FrameBuffer patching. See attached pic. Maybe it'll help if you have any HDMI problems.

Attachments

• BigSur.png
    BigSur.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 161
  • OC-0.6.4_EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 220
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml
    105 bytes · Views: 126
  • framebuffer patching.png
    framebuffer patching.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm a bit late to the party, as I've been learning more about OpenCore in preparation to update my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S340-15IWL) to Big Sur. I'm ready to share my EFI for those who may be interested. From what I can tell, everything is working:
audio,
video + HDMI,
USB ports,
keyboard,
integrated camera,
volume control keys,
brightness slider + control keys,
Null ethernet for App store access,
sleep & wake, and
(importantly) trackpad!
Interestingly enough, my touchscreen also works as it's recognized by Big Sur.
For those with the RealTek SD Card reader, I've included the Sinetek kext (not enabled by default). Generate/use your own serial number, UUID, etc.
One caveat- dual booting to Windows 10 via OpenCore's picker does NOT work, and results in an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I'm sure this is due to one or more of the DSDT patches. For the moment with Windows10, press F12 when booting to get the UEFI boot menu; then boot windows from there.

Edit - use (overwrite the one included in ZIP file) the updated SSDT-XOSI.aml to resolve the ACPI error upon dual booting Windows.
Thanks for sharing!! Right now I have Catalina with Clover. How should I procede, since I come from Clover? Thanks

Thanks for sharing!! Right now I have Catalina with Clover. How should I procede, since I come from Clover? Thanks
Make a backup copy of your EFI (Clover) folder, from the EFI/ESP partition. I'd recommend copying that to a USB stick and make sure you can boot from the USB stick for backup purposes.
Replace your EFI folder with the one from my previous post (Open Core). Use your own or create new Serial number, etc and copy to the OpenCore config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator to assist with this.
Boot from OpenCore into your Catalina OS, to make sure it works OK.
Then, update to Big Sur if desired.

Last edited:
Make a backup copy of your EFI (Clover) folder, from the EFI/ESP partition. I'd recommend coping that to a USB stick and make sure you can boot from the USB stick for backup purposes.
Replace your EFI folder with the one from my previous post (Open Core). Use your own or create new Serial number, etc and copy to the OpenCore config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator to assist with this.
Boot from OpenCore into your Catalina OS, to make sure it works OK.
Then, update to Big Sur if desired.
Can I just copy-past my actual config.plist into the Opencore Folder you shared?

Can I just copy-past my actual config.plist into the Opencore Folder you shared?
No. Clover's config.plist is structured very differently from OpenCore's config.plist. Actually, one should be very cautious in using a config.plist from previous version of OpenCore with new/recent versions, as modifications are imposed.

No. Clover's config.plist is structured very differently from OpenCore's config.plist. Actually, one should be very cautious in using a config.plist from previous version of OpenCore with new/recent versions, as modifications are imposed.
Ok.. Thanks. But I have no idea how to compile a config.plist. Can you give me some tipps?

Ok.. Thanks. But I have no idea how to compile a config.plist. Can you give me some tipps?
A complete guide is here

Though, I'd recommend starting with the OpenCore Configurator app. Use it to open the config.plist file. Explore around and see what's there. The only modification is to create a Serial Number and a System UUID. I chose MacBookPro14,1 as the desired model. See attached picture.

Attachments

• OpenCoreConfigurator.png
    OpenCoreConfigurator.png
    328 KB · Views: 142
A complete guide is here

Though, I'd recommend starting with the OpenCore Configurator app. Use it to open the config.plist file. Explore around and see what's there. The only modification is to create a Serial Number and a System UUID. I chose MacBookPro14,1 as the desired model. See attached picture.
Everthing worked! Thank you very much

Everything work on Big Sur, but when the laptop goes to sleep the HDMI stop working, I have to unplug the cable and plug again. Does anyone knows how to solve it?

Back