Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Trackpad not working after updating to catalina 10.15.5. "No trackpad found" problem. Any solution?

Trackpad not working after updating to catalina 10.15.5. "No trackpad found" problem. Any solution?
Have you tried to rebuild kext cache?

in terminal:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
It worked.. Thanks.
I have tried also before this Command, but I didn't know how to reboot the machine without keyboard and so it didn't work. Now after using this command I rebooted the machine from terminal and then the trackpad works after rebooting! Thanks

10.15.5 installed on a i3 10gen, no sound or track pad. Anyone else have any luck?

Is there a solution with HDMI, tried it through hackintool, but fails, black screen on boot. Does he even work? version 10.15.6 I've tried connecting HDMI-to-HDMI

Catalina 10.15.6 update. Have someone done it?
Is everything working?
Thanks

Yes, I just updated to it. Everything but the Trac Pad. It has not worked sence I installed Catalina.

How did you over come the track pad issue? I tried the Terminal command listed in an above post. Something happened, based on the amount of text that went by. I rebooted, not by using Terminal, and the track pad is still inop! Help?!?
If the trackpad never worked for you with Catalina, you should try to use the EFI files shared by @ClashFarmer at the page 29 of this tread. This EFI files is the same that 4mit gave us, with the adding of a specific patch for the trackpad. And it is working for us all!
The terminal command listed before works just to abilitate the trackpad again after an update.

Back