Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

No I'm not

I tried to use this script but it says no files found. I suppose it requires some other kexts I don't have
you probably need to be in the same directory in terminal to run the commands

And now after a fresh reinstall the original card won’t even show up in the device manager. I can’t fathom that it could have broken or died. But I cannot get it to even register that it exists. I just spent hours googling everything I could think of to try and get it working again. I went back to the BCM94360CS2 and managed to get it visible again, and tried experimenting with some drivers. It seems that the Bluetooth works but I can’t figure out the WiFi. Then after trying a few drivers it went into a hidden state where the computer thinks it is no longer connected, yet the Bluetooth still works. The most recent driver I installed made it so the computer won’t boot unless I disable wireless lan in the BioS. Since it doesn’t think the card is connected it seems it won’t update the drivers when it says it is.

I am so lost on this after wasting 12 hours just trying and failing to get the WiFi card swapped and functioning. I feel like I have tried everything, but I am sure it is something simple I just don’t know about. Desperate for help.
I have same problem man. Have you found any solution? My original wifi card is not shown on devices list. I triple checked with even AIDA64. No installed wifi device.

I have same problem man. Have you found any solution? My original wifi card is not shown on devices list. I triple checked with even AIDA64. No installed wifi device.
No luck at all for me either so far. And no idea how to fix it. Mac side is good to go. Windows still dead in the water. No drivers I have tried seem to help at all. I could get it to work for a bit, but then as it automatically installs after install all the other drivers something goes wrong and the computer bricks.

So I found another strange issue. I decided to try and get windows working again and started wondering if I should change which hard drive I install it on. I had been putting windows on the original 256gb MVMe SSD and MacOS on a 2tb SATA hybrid drive. I decided to try and format the SSD and started seeing the computer crash mid format. I eventually looked up terminal commands to do it, and then tried Carbon Copy Cloner to move everything from my current drive over to the SSD, something that I have done for years with my desktop hackintosh. But the computer kept crashing with this. Terminal command dd wouldn’t work either. I got out the USB thumb drive I used to install on the hybrid drive and it repeatedly crashed when trying to install on the SSD. I’m wondering if there is something screwy with the SSD? Is there a chance that windows is consistently trying to use certain blocks of the SSD for drivers and that is why it keeps bricking as it installs drivers after install? I’m grasping at straws. I’m just curious about the possibility of my windows WiFi issues possibly being related to the SSD bricking the OS. It always bricks the windows side after I get the WiFi working and it starts updating all the other drivers it couldn’t during install since it didn’t have drivers. And the Mac side bricks on install, crashes often during formatting, and when I try to clone to it.

thoughts?

After crashing a few times just trying to verify or repair the disk, despite being given no errors I finally got these results. Notice that the drive is read only and I cannot figure out how to change it. I am starting to lean more towards the SSD being the issue, but I am still a complete novice and would really appreciate someone's insight and advice on this. I think this may be the root of my issues with what initially seemed to be the drivers for the Windows install

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.55.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.55.13 AM.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.55.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.55.26 AM.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.59.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.59.39 AM.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 100
I have a couple of questions.
Are you using NullEthernet.kext for en0 dummy ethernet? I don't have it and I cannot use Messages. I'm curious if anyone can use Messages without ethernet, with en0 wifi.
With Catalina, we are forced to put kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other. Is there anyone still installing kexts into /L/E?

I put in a new SSD and things made it a tiny bit further. The other SSD was clearly an issue, but it appears there is still an issue with the drivers. Also, whenever I install Windows on one of the drives it makes windows boot loader the only option for booting in the Bios and the only way I can get back to clover is to put in my USB key and use it to boot. Why is Clover disappearing and how do I get it back?

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to get the windows side to function?

I put in a new SSD and things made it a tiny bit further. The other SSD was clearly an issue, but it appears there is still an issue with the drivers. Also, whenever I install Windows on one of the drives it makes windows boot loader the only option for booting in the Bios and the only way I can get back to clover is to put in my USB key and use it to boot. Why is Clover disappearing and how do I get it back?

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to get the windows side to function?
This laptop's BIOS is adamant about looking for the Windows bootloader file.
If you have Windows and MacOS installed on the same drive, look in EFI partition for EFI -> Windows. Then, rename the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
The BIOS will boot into Clover, which will allow you to choose either OS.

This laptop's BIOS is adamant about looking for the Windows bootloader file.
If you have Windows and MacOS installed on the same drive, look in EFI partition for EFI -> Windows. Then, rename the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
The BIOS will boot into Clover, which will allow you to choose either OS.
And you need to copy CLOVER64.efi from EFI/CLOVER to EFI/Windows/boot and rename it to bootmgfw.efi.

I am using 2 separate drives. Ill look into this.

Right now the biggest issue is that I cannot get a stable Windows install. I hate trying to figure out drivers. If anyone understands Windows (I have been a Mac OS user for 25 years and have no idea how to get this stupid OS to work with the broadcom WiFi card without crashing)

Back