Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

That driver was one that I had already found elsewhere. After making a thumb drive for windows and reformatting the disk and doing a clean install I can see the new card, but the old one is still invisible.
when I set up the new card with that driver I can’t get bluetooth, and it only works for a little while. Then it freezes randomly and the computer is a brick again and I have to reinstall. Any other thoughts?

My only guess is the the original card somehow has broken and that’s why I can’t put it back in and get it working like it was before.
the fact the the new card will work for a little while makes me think it is something still to do with drivers. I have previously gotten the Bluetooth working, but can’t now. Now I can get the WiFi working, but only for a while. I don’t know if there is some other driver somewhere that is conflicting. That’s my guess too, but I have no skills for diagnosing this stuff. I am good at following directions but I don’t pretend to understand computers. Right now I’m just reinstalling repeatedly and trying every driver combination I can think of in hopes I somehow stumble on a solution. Definitely desperate for someone who knows the windows side of things to help get that side functional. Tomorrow I get my extra memory and SATA hd for the Mac side. I’ll try and get that going too but I really need both functioning.

Today's MacOS 10.15.4 additional update broke my trackpad unfortunately.
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
command helped successfully

Anybody has an issue with sound glitches in BT headphones? I feel like it started after 10.15.4 update

Thanks for your code!!!

>BT
mine works perfectly. True wireless yamaha tw-e3a.

Today's MacOS 10.15.4 additional update broke my trackpad unfortunately.
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
command helped successfully
Thanks for the trick

Anyone else having HDMI hot plug issues? I wrote exactly how I did it in my repo
But basically, unless it's plugged in at boot, I have to unplug and plug it in 3-15 times before it will work.

Does anyone have any more clues for me to get the wifi card working with Windows 10? I installed Catalina with very few issues and have it fully functional except bluetooth, but I still cannot get Windows 10 to keep from bricking itself when I install any version of Broadcom driver I have found for it.

Hey sponkey21, I have the BRCM card on my S340 and a ryzentosh. For both installs, the only thing I needed to do in windows was to install the bootcamp drivers. Wifi and Bluetooth works in both OS. So I am suspecting that your issue may be hardware related, whether it is the card or the adapter. Have you tried reseating the card into the adapter. If I remember, I needed to give the card a firm snug to install it into the adapter.

I have taken the card in and out at least 25 times. It works just fine on the MacOS side, so I don't think it is hardware related. I tried to use bootcamp to get the drivers, but when I went to the windows side to open them up it said it couldn't use them (cant remember the error it gave, I guess I'll go try it again)

I have taken the card in and out at least 25 times. It works just fine on the MacOS side, so I don't think it is hardware related. I tried to use bootcamp to get the drivers, but when I went to the windows side to open them up it said it couldn't use them (cant remember the error it gave, I guess I'll go try it again)
I have the same problem. Can't get it to run on windows. MacOS seems fine. Ubuntu is working but the signal strength seems to be weaker.
How did you guys configure the antennas? The same way as they were on the Intel nic or swaped?

Back