Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Nope, it didn't work. All the same EFI/OC folder except system id, what could be wrong?
I pushed a comit to my repo. Look at the troubleshooting at the bottom of the guide. There's not a lot I know, so I just gave my best advice.

Nope, it didn't work. All the same EFI/OC folder except system id, what could be wrong?
Does your HDMI Port work? I've been trying for sooo long and can't get mine to work.

Today's MacOS 10.15.4 additional update broke my trackpad unfortunately.
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
command helped successfully

Anybody has an issue with sound glitches in BT headphones? I feel like it started after 10.15.4 update

Last edited:
I just got my s340-15IWL and am laying the ground work on the Windows side before doing the MacOS install. I swapped out the stock wifi card for the BCM94360CS2 with adapter recommended by 4mit. However, after I installed the card I have no access to any form of wifi. I can't even see the card in the device manager. There was a network device that showed up with a yellow triangle. I tried installing drivers for the new wifi card in hopes it would work, but it actually ended up bricking the computer and now I am resetting it again (luckily I haven't done too much).

I am at a bit of a loss. I don't know much about this stuff. I've been doing it for a while, but I pretty much just follow directions well. I'm not always the best at troubleshooting. The card I took out seems to have a different pin pattern from the one on the adapter that the OP recommended. I am attaching a picture of the original wifi card.

Has everyone just installed the BCM94360CS2 with adapter and it just worked without having to do anything? Should it need drivers on the Windows 10 side? I read through the thread and saw some issues, but most pertained to the MacOS side of things. I intend to dual boot off of two separate drives, so I want to retain functionality. My guess at this point is that the card I just got sent to me is just DOA, but I have no clue how to verify that.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
IMG_9028.JPG
IMG_9029.JPG

And now after a fresh reinstall the original card won’t even show up in the device manager. I can’t fathom that it could have broken or died. But I cannot get it to even register that it exists. I just spent hours googling everything I could think of to try and get it working again. I went back to the BCM94360CS2 and managed to get it visible again, and tried experimenting with some drivers. It seems that the Bluetooth works but I can’t figure out the WiFi. Then after trying a few drivers it went into a hidden state where the computer thinks it is no longer connected, yet the Bluetooth still works. The most recent driver I installed made it so the computer won’t boot unless I disable wireless lan in the BioS. Since it doesn’t think the card is connected it seems it won’t update the drivers when it says it is.

I am so lost on this after wasting 12 hours just trying and failing to get the WiFi card swapped and functioning. I feel like I have tried everything, but I am sure it is something simple I just don’t know about. Desperate for help.

And now after a fresh reinstall the original card won’t even show up in the device manager. I can’t fathom that it could have broken or died. But I cannot get it to even register that it exists. I just spent hours googling everything I could think of to try and get it working again. I went back to the BCM94360CS2 and managed to get it visible again, and tried experimenting with some drivers. It seems that the Bluetooth works but I can’t figure out the WiFi. Then after trying a few drivers it went into a hidden state where the computer thinks it is no longer connected, yet the Bluetooth still works. The most recent driver I installed made it so the computer won’t boot unless I disable wireless lan in the BioS. Since it doesn’t think the card is connected it seems it won’t update the drivers when it says it is.

I am so lost on this after wasting 12 hours just trying and failing to get the WiFi card swapped and functioning. I feel like I have tried everything, but I am sure it is something simple I just don’t know about. Desperate for help.
Perhaps you did not attach the card properly? You need to push it a little hard to fit it tight. It has to do with the m.2 port. If it is installed properly, then you might have done some damage to it, I don't know. You should re-check if it is inserted as it should be.
BCM94360CS2 works just fine on Windows with the driver I've shared.

Last edited:
I have taken it out and put it back at least 15 times as I swapped back and forth between the two cards. it is screwed in place and I don't see how it could be in any tighter.

I looked through all the pages of the thread and I don't see any driver that you shared. Can you please send me a link?

Moderators have deleted my previous post, I don't know why though. I'll try to add the link again. If you won't see it again, then just search google as "BCM94360CS2 windows 10 driver", you'll find it.
Here it is, again.

Hi all

Just upgraded with the 15.4 supliment update. Anyone else experienced a loss of the touchpad?

I have. :(

Thoughts?

Today's MacOS 10.15.4 additional update broke my trackpad unfortunately.
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
command helped successfully

Anybody has an issue with sound glitches in BT headphones? I feel like it started after 10.15.4 update

Ahhhh! Nice. I'll try that. :)

Back