Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

The manual says "4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM DDR4-2400". Will 4+8GB work OK? Is it worth it?
I'm thinking of upgrading as much and logical as I can.
the processor should support up to 2 x 16 GB DDR4 2400. But i don't know if the mainboard and bios will run in 4+8GB or 4+16GB mode. Someone should try it but i don't think its worth it unless you are running stuff that needs a lot of memory. I'm running 4+4GB on a daily base and everything is working just fine

1583265433539.png

I'll keep it as is.
Got the BCM94360CS2 already, waiting for NGFF A/E adapter and gonna watch prices of SSDs until then.
Downloaded the latest confirmed EFI folder.
Hopefully I'll have an almost fully working hackintosh in a couple of weeks now.

The manual says "4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM DDR4-2400". Will 4+8GB work OK? Is it worth it?
I'm thinking of upgrading as much and logical as I can.
From post #1...

Memory: 4GB Soldered + 16GB DIMM DDR4-2400

From post #1...

Memory: 4GB Soldered + 16GB DIMM DDR4-2400
Which is 15IWL and I'm using 14IWL. There could be some difference, I don't know.
1583269880158.png

This is from the manual of my version of 14IWL and it says 8GB max offering.

Does it matter when to install Catalina, before or after replacing wifi card with BCM94360CS2?
I have the chip but A/E adapter has weeks to arrive. Should I wait for it?

No need to wait. Just swap the cards after the adapter arrives and everything should work out of the box. I have to wait some weeks for my delivery too. While waiting I'm using a tp link Archer t2u nano usb card. Works great!

Given there was a good discount on the HomePod, I bought one. However I was unable to directly Airplay my music to the HomePod from the IdeaPad. I don't know what checks Apple does to prevent this but the easy work around was to use an app call Airfoil. If anyone knows of a cleaner fix without using Airfoil, let me know.

I have some problem. When I change SATA mode to AHCI, Windows won't boot, it cannot see the M.2 SSD boot device (Windows). It only boots to Windows if I revert back the SATA mode to RST from BIOS. Anyone having similar problem?

FIX: I solved this issue with these instructions.

Last edited:
Back