Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

I installed tonight BCM94360CS2 and addon DDR + HDD, all works perfectly, wifi and bluetooth without driver !

Some pictures, many thanks !
Does this laptop has two M2 slots?
@larsonbids had an M2 A/E adapter and BCM94360CS2 wifi chip and put those in where the original wifi chip was on. Am I right?

That is correct, use the M2 A/E adapter for the BCM94360CS2 to replace the original Intel M2 wifi card. There is a second M2 NVME slot where the oem SSD resides. At least for the 15inch model, there is an empty SATA slot where you can install an additional 2.5inch drive.

One last question about wifi. Will this M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 fit inside 14IWL? If so, I will order them both right away.

One last question about wifi. Will this M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 fit inside 14IWL? If so, I will order them both right away.
Depends on the model.. There are differences between the 15'' versions. For example I have a lot less space than others users with the 15' probably because of the cooling system on my version. But I could install this M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 even there wasn't enough space. It just make a little more "thickness", but no problem at all. (Don't cut the last part of the adapter, as I did, otherwise it doesn't work properly).

Edit: This is my pc still with the original wifi. You can see that there is not enough place for the M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 but I could install it. It just stay up that black part and make a little "thickness"

Attachments

• 288DB168-7408-4C0C-9C60-434B58E08EEF.jpeg
    288DB168-7408-4C0C-9C60-434B58E08EEF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
Btw, do someone have tested the battery? I didn't have the chance cause I always use the power.. How much does it last?

I ordered M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 cards from china yesterday. in about 26 days i can tell u if it fits a 14" model w/o dedicated gpu.

@alexnov can you confirm this? I'm gonna buy these.
not yet, just waiting mine to be delivered. Although according to pictures of internals it should fit w/o any issues on models without dedicated graphics

Back