Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

As soon as I have everything working, I'll share the EFI.
Still have to figure out brightness and HDMI
Maybe you should share it right away so other users can work on it too.

Here is the clover I am using with Trackpad working..
As I said:
-HDMI doesn't work
-Brightness F11-F12 buttons don't work
- I didn't check if everything is working yet. So if some expert want to help improve this clover, you're welcome.
- (ofc change the serial and so on in clover config)

Edit: the right folder is downstairs, in my next post

Last edited:
Ugh... So close yet so far for me. What I did was create a USB installer, used the EFI Folder from 4mit, added the ACPI patches from Patrick. Brightness works! But my TPAD is not working:banghead: even though it is recognizing that there is a TPAD in system preferences. I might had butchered my install previously and may start fresh with a clean slate. Note GenI2C is not showing a mode for me.
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 7.59.53 AM.png

Ugh... So close yet so far for me. What I did was create a USB installer, used the EFI Folder from 4mit, added the ACPI patches from Patrick. Brightness works! But my TPAD is not working:banghead: even though it is recognizing that there is a TPAD in system preferences. I might had butchered my install previously and may start fresh with a clean slate. Note GenI2C is not showing a mode for me.
View attachment 452304
The fault is mine, I shared the wrong folder... This is the right one. I am sorry. This clover fix the problem of the trackpad recognized but not working. My bad.
The folder from 4mit was perfect.. Except for the trackpad for someone. We should try to put them together somehow

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 231
Thanks! Verified that TPAD working now. We just need to work together to fix the backlight and HDMI.

Update: So I did the same thing as before, use 4mit's EFI, add the patches from Patrick545. Brightness works and TPAD works! HDMI Also works!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Thanks! Verified that TPAD working now. We just need to work together to fix the backlight and HDMI.

Update: So I did the same thing as before, use 4mit's EFI, add the patches from Patrick545. Brightness works and TPAD works! HDMI Also works!
Perfect.. I'll try your EFI later
I guess now it's almost an 100% hackintosh with my patch and 4mit folder :)

Perfect.. I'll try your EFI later
I guess now it's almost an 100% hackintosh with my patch and 4mit folder :)
Well, it seems so. What do we have not working besides the Wifi chip? None?

Well, it seems so. What do we have not working besides the Wifi chip? None?
The wifi works.. You can easily replace the wifi card with the one from Macbook Air and have all the apple functions in wireless (airdrop etc) The model name is written in the first pages of the thread

Back