Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hi!
I'm going to buy a new IdeaPad S340 14" with no Nvidia GPU. Intel i5 8265U & UHD 620, 8G RAM, 256G SSD (M2 I guess), intel wifi/BT. This topic is about 15" model which has i7 CPU. I wonder if this guide will work for me as well.
Let us know if your touchpad works in macOS

I'm guessing your's is not working. And I guess you have the exact same laptop, right?

I'm guessing your's is not working. And I guess you have the exact same laptop, right?
Yes but mine goes with 128gb m2 drive. I believe Lenovo has lots of similar models of S340

The one I'm about to purchase has an ID 81N700SCTX. Yours is N800, what could be this difference?

The one I'm about to purchase has an ID 81N700SCTX. Yours is N800, what could be this difference?
Maybe ssd size or display model or something else

@4mit with the help from an expert, seems like he made my trackpad working. Problem now is with his configuration and his ssdt (different from yours), I have everything working but the HDMI output. I am trying to make it work following your link in the first page, but it's a bit difficult for me. Can you explain me which configuration did you use to make the HDMI working in your clover?
And another thing that doesn't work is the brightness control from the buttons F11-F12 (F1-F2-F3 for audio work )
Once I make everything works, I would gladly share my EFI with the trackpad working for the other ones who had the same problem as I did with the trackpad (if for you is fine)

@4mit with the help from an expert, seems like he made my trackpad working. Problem now is with his configuration and his ssdt (different from yours), I have everything working but the HDMI output. I am trying to make it work following your link in the first page, but it's a bit difficult for me. Can you explain me which configuration did you use to make the HDMI working in your clover?
And another thing that doesn't work is the brightness control from the buttons F11-F12 (F1-F2-F3 for audio work )
Once I make everything works, I would gladly share my EFI with the trackpad working for the other ones who had the same problem as I did with the trackpad (if for you is fine)
I believe the HDMI port is enabled via the framebuffer patching. Open the config.plist (from Post #1) with CloverConfigurator, refer to Devices section, then switch "Arbitrary" to "Properties". You'll see it listed as PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

Brightness and Volume shortcuts:
Volume already works. For brightness fix, use the SSDT-Q1112 patch.
Also apply the _Q11->XQ11 and _Q12->XQ12 rename patch via clover config.
This is in the ACPI section, under DSDT.

Have no idea.. This guy did all the job, he made a new clover folder. As soon as I have everything working, I'll share the EFI.
Still have to figure out brightness and HDMI
You have 14" model, right?

Back