Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Oh god...

intel 8th-gen s340 is now out of stock and end of production.
Great guide, but newbee cant use this guide. damm.

Hi,

I have created the USB with catalina and mounted the EFI folder on it and copied your EFI folder. Made the BIOS changes but when trying to boot the laptop from USB, clover is only giving option to boot from WIN but no Install MAc from USB?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Your clover is working fine.
Most likely something went wrong while creating the Catalina installer. Recheck the steps you used to create the installer - including partitions and file system types.

Is it because of hardware. My laptop s340 said it's 10 gen Intel i7 processor.

And the steps I did for creating USB are:
1. Format the 16 gb USB with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID. But not APFS.
2. install Mac is catalina either with command or with the help of patcher(install bootable Mac)
3. Install latest clover on to the USB, and copy your files to EFI folder.

what am I missing?

Is it because of hardware. My laptop s340 said it's 10 gen Intel i7 processor.

And the steps I did for creating USB are:
1. Format the 16 gb USB with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID. But not APFS.
2. install Mac is catalina either with command or with the help of patcher(install bootable Mac)
3. Install latest clover on to the USB, and copy your files to EFI folder.

what am I missing?
Ensure your clover/drivers/uefi folder has following files:
  1. ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  2. FSInject.efi
  3. NvmExpressDxe.efi
  4. AptioMemoryFix.efi
  5. Fat.efi
  6. VirtualSmc.efi
  7. DataHubDxe.efi
  8. HFSPlus.efi

Can you try booting from the same USB on another computer ?
You dont have to boot into the Catalina installer - Just check that it shows up.

Also, try F3 or Fn+F3 on clover screen, and see if that shows the OSX installer.

Ensure your clover/drivers/uefi folder has following files:
  1. ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  2. FSInject.efi
  3. NvmExpressDxe.efi
  4. AptioMemoryFix.efi
  5. Fat.efi
  6. VirtualSmc.efi
  7. DataHubDxe.efi
  8. HFSPlus.efi

Can you try booting from the same USB on another computer ?
You dont have to boot into the Catalina installer - Just check that it shows up.

As I have copied your EFI folder in full, I think all above files will be there. Also, while trying numerous times, I made sure all the files are there in EFI folder.

As I have copied your EFI folder in full, I think all above files will be there. Also, while trying numerous times, I made sure all the files are there in EFI folder.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Also, try F3 or Fn+F3 on clover screen, and see if that shows the OSX installer.

I will not be with my laptop for a couple of days. I will reply here with my updates.

Trying with Unibeast make any difference? Also with Catalina 10.15.3 got anything to do with my issue?

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Sure. thanks

I will not be with my laptop for a couple of days. I will reply here with my updates.

Trying with Unibeast make any difference? Also with Catalina 10.15.3 got anything to do with my issue?

10.15.3 should work just fine.

I dont have any experience with Unibeast, so tough to say.

Back