Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

For me, my S340 is not a touchscreen model. Before I installed Catalina, I updated to the latest version of the bios ALCN28WW(V2.05).

Just tried using kextbeast to install the voodoo drivers, still no luck in getting the trackpad to work.
I'm using BIOS version 2.04 on my Lenovo S340-15IWL (non-touchscreen). The trackpad works well.
Are the Voodoo kexts loading? Open the terminal and type in...
kextstat | grep -v com.apple

That'll display all non-Apple kexts.

As with my other hackintoshes, I "Apple-fied" my S340 with a simple decal on the lid.
Order from Ebay:
Apple decals

laptop.png

Looks like the kexts are loading. I see these entries with voodoo

com.alexandred.VoodooI2C (2.3)
as.acidanthera.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (2.1.0)
as.acidanthera.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (2.1.0)
org.coolstar.VoodooGPIO (1.1)

I get those four and these two also...
com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices (1)
com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID (1)

So, my guess is that VoodooI2CHID.kext isn't loading for you. Is it present? I have mine in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

"com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices (1)" was there, I missed it before.

"com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID (1)" was not there and was missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other but in Library/Extensions. I pasted to EFI/C/K/O and rebooted. I got it to load once but pad did not work. It is not loading again and I verified the kexts are in the proper folders. Trackpad still not working.

Before I forget, thanks a lot for helping and happy New Year. Also great idea on the sticker, just got a couple with my iPhone 11.
IMG_0001.jpg

Last edited:
@Jiveman do you also have a touchscreen variant of the laptop? Mine is touchscreen and that functions in place of the actual trackpad. I got referred to “pinning” earlier but it’s a bit beyond my technical knowledge! If you figure out a solution please lmk! Trying to finish this build for a late Xmas gift.
No, it does not have any sort of touchscreen. Just this Lenovo s340. I actually originally got an 330s and decided to get this one for $50 more, but I've yet to get everything working and my return window on the 330 is running out :/ It is working perfectly well.

I install MacOS after installing Windows on same hard drive. To dual boot, I use this trick (Rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi) to launch Clover instead of Lenovo/Windows bootloader. When I launch Windows this way, the audio is not working. However, if I undo the trick I used and let it launch Windows directly without Clover, the audio is working again. How can I fix this?

The reason the audio is not working is because of Intel Smart Sound Technology(Intel(R) SST) OED driver malfunctions. It has a code 10 error(FW did not sent FW Ready notification). This problem does not exist if I launch Windows without Clover.

This is the boot menu. Using BOOTICEX64, I found out that Windows Boot Manager and option 2 point to the same file. Windows Boot Manager is suppose to be the default Lenovo/Windows Bootloader.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back