Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hi to all. Is HDMI Working?

Great!
You can simply use kextstopatch to get sleepslider again.

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Disable UnifiedSleepSliderPref</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

VW5pZmllZFNsZWVwU2xpZGVyUHJlZg==

</data>

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>

<false/>

<key>Name</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

UHJlZlVuaWZpZWRTbGVlcFNsaWRlcg==

</data>

</dict>

I'm traveling this week.
Will not be able to respond to queries in the meanwhile.

Promise to look at all of em when back.

Have a great new year, everyone.

I've got an 81N8, s340 (i5 1.8GHz staples black friday special) running 10.15.2. First, thank you all for your amazing work! However like @lknparktheory88 I'm still having trouble getting the trackpad to work. Wifi/Bluetooth are on pause until I get a card in the mail. I mounted my EFI and copied the CLOVER & BOOT folders directly. I noticed my sound and brightness keys work now :clap:, but no still no trackpad.

I disabled "trusted platform" in bios, and disk is in AHCI mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same situation here, my trackpad is not working. i have no luck in deleting the kexts that were crossed out either.

Double-check these items...
1) Install latest VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext
2) Add SSDT-GPI0 and SSDT-XOSI hotpatches to Clover/ACPI/patched
3) Make sure change _OSI to XOSI patch is enabled in your config.plist

I hope this helps.

Double-check these items...
1) Install latest VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext
2) Add SSDT-GPI0 and SSDT-XOSI hotpatches to Clover/ACPI/patched
3) Make sure change _OSI to XOSI patch is enabled in your config.plist

I hope this helps.
I copied the folders from the REPO directly so if I'm not mistaken, they should be loaded. Opening the config in Clover Configurator shows the patches same as @lknparktheory88 screenshots so I think they are correct. I grabbed the latest VoodooI2C (2.3 if I'm not mistaken). I've put them in /L/E and re-ran the kextrepair after remounting the drive RW `sudo mount -uw /`.

I wonder if there might be a bios version issue? Can someone with the same model and a working trackpad please post their bios ver.?

fwiw, double checked _OSI to XOSI is not disabled in CC. Hot patches are in C/A/P.

Last edited:
@Jiveman do you also have a touchscreen variant of the laptop? Mine is touchscreen and that functions in place of the actual trackpad. I got referred to “pinning” earlier but it’s a bit beyond my technical knowledge! If you figure out a solution please lmk! Trying to finish this build for a late Xmas gift.

Back