Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Here's the card: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=BCM94360CS2&_sacat=0
and the adaptor https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=BCM94360CS2

I will check and post the details of the RAM module later today.
Yes, the system recognises and uses all 20GB of it.

Sweet! I ordered them all through Amazon last night. There's a deal where you get $15 credit if you buy $50 amazon gift card in which I bought the Ram, wifi/bluetooth card and adapter.

I have one more question. I was wanting to put in a 2.5 SATA adpater to house a 1tb NVME card. No hear me out. I know I'll get the same speed as SATA, but I was thinking that since the NVME and SATA III are at the same price point, that I'd buy the one that could be more available in the future ahead.

However, is it a nightmare to get Sata to recognize 2.5 housing with NVME drive? I was thinking on getting the HP EX920 NMVE PCEI 1tb.

However, is it a nightmare to get Sata to recognize 2.5 housing with NVME drive? I was thinking on getting the HP EX920 NMVE PCEI 1tb.

It should be straightforward. But, I dont have any first hand experience with a SATA housing.

I'd suggest that you give it a try from a place that offers easy returns.

@FirstTimer101er, if you purchase an NVMe drive, it will have to connect either by PCIe or USB. The USB to NVMe enclosures are a specialized product, and it doesn't make sense to use that for an internal connection. So that means PCIe via M.2. What adapter product are you looking at?

It's possible to find 2.5" form factor M.2 adapters. They come in two varieties: PCIe with a U.2 connector, which is for NVMe or other PCI-e based M.2 cards. And then the SATA type, which only works with M.2 SATA drives, like an 860 Evo for example.

I've been searching for an inexpensive alternative to a Macbook. I came across the Lenovo S340 81N80092US (Core i3-8145U, 8GB, 128GB NVMe) for a really low price, and I took the plunge. Thanks to @4mit I have everything (almost) working! Just waiting on the BCM94360CS2 and adapter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 4.50.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 4.50.52 PM.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 167
I've been searching for an inexpensive alternative to a Macbook. I came across the Lenovo S340 81N80092US (Core i3-8145U, 8GB, 128GB NVMe) for a really low price, and I took the plunge. Thanks to @4mit I have everything (almost) working! Just waiting on the BCM94360CS2 and adapter.

Hey could you help me get started? I actually jumped on a different model and am following this guide since our laptops are almost the exact.

I already have bootable Mojave and Catalina USB's. Downloaded a very similar EFI, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-acer-swift-3-i5-8250u-mojave.249160/page-2,

however I need to know more about how to make sure that I don't screw up a new laptop!

@FirstTimer101er, if you purchase an NVMe drive, it will have to connect either by PCIe or USB. The USB to NVMe enclosures are a specialized product, and it doesn't make sense to use that for an internal connection. So that means PCIe via M.2. What adapter product are you looking at?

It's possible to find 2.5" form factor M.2 adapters. They come in two varieties: PCIe with a U.2 connector, which is for NVMe or other PCI-e based M.2 cards. And then the SATA type, which only works with M.2 SATA drives, like an 860 Evo for example.

Thank you for the education. You explained it very well. I'm trying to get a PCI-e to SATA iii housing. My m.2 PCI-e of choice is the HP EX920 1tb, as it's the same price point!

And it will be the second SSD, correct? Ie the built in M.2 is already occupied?

Such an adapter doesn't exist.

If someone's waiting to bite the bullet,
Officedepot has the laptop in stock for $449

I'm extremely sorry for the n00b reply and inquiry as this is my first try at installing MacOS on a S340. Followed the guide and got everything working except the trackpad.

I'm stuck at the step where I'm suppose to patch files in clover with the .config file which is saved in my mounted EFI partition.

I also verified the required ktexts are installed in the proper location, I used Hackintool to complete this.

Again I'm super sorry for the lack of knowledge I am currently trying to finalize this setup for Christmas as a gift and have been up all night trying to troubleshoot this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.42.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.42.16 AM.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.42.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.42.32 AM.png
    202 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.45.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.45.41 AM.png
    256 KB · Views: 146
No worries @lknparktheory88, we'll get you up and running.

For the trackpad to work, please check if you have deleted AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ (let me know if the instructions in the guide are not clear or sufficient, and I'll update it)

- Your Clover/ACPI/patched looks good to me.
- The XOSI patch is already enabled in the config file in github repo. So, if you are using my config file, there's nothing else to patch in the config.plist.

Back