Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

And would that still allow me to use the windows os that is on the same drive? i understand that you don't have much experience with dual booting on the same drive, I do have a backup of the EFI for my drive so could i just use the usb to boot into macos to fix the efi if it doesn't work?

yes, tethering is slow :)

you mount the efi partition of your usb stick, hackintool or efi mounter software can do this

copy efi folder from efi partition to your desktop

remove usb stick

use same software above to mount your efi of your hard drive

if there is an efi folder in there, remove it and copy over efi folder from desktop
i did it again, forgot to quote...

Also I am trying to use open core configurator to set my smbios information, but on reboot. Its blank on the configurator

And would that still allow me to use the windows os that is on the same drive? i understand that you don't have much experience with dual booting on the same drive, I do have a backup of the EFI for my drive so could i just use the usb to boot into macos to fix the efi if it doesn't work?
maybe
Also I am trying to use open core configurator to set my smbios information, but on reboot. Its blank on the configurator
have you mounted the efi and opened your config.plist in opencore configurator?

maybe

have you mounted the efi and opened your config.plist in opencore configurator?
I created the installer in windows so the EFI is BOOT, so its not a hidden directory. I am able to open the config.plist in the open core configurator, is mounting doing something else other than making it accessible?
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 12.13.40 PM.png
And when I reopen it in open core (after saving mind you) it is blank

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 12.16.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 12.16.26 PM.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 28
Ok I checked a "add this section to config.plist" and I think it worked, when I booted I got a notification to take a tour of my "MacBook Pro" so, how safe is it to try my Apple ID with this

I created the installer in windows so the EFI is BOOT, so its not a hidden directory. I am able to open the config.plist in the open core configurator, is mounting doing something else other than making it accessible?View attachment 542839And when I reopen it in open core (after saving mind you) it is blank
upload your config.plist

I think it works now. Should I try my appleID? I made sure it wasn't already taken
read this first:

read this first:
Ok I just tried my Apple ID and it worked. Now, how simple will updating to macOS 12 from Catalina? I am using the config.plist from Curtistn

Back