Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Also when do i generate a smbios? before or after installing it to the partition?

I am a complete noob when it comes to this, I may have 2 certifications for IT but I don't know much about this lol
you set your smbios in your config.plist while you are preparing your files on your usb installer

Hey what smbios did you choose? I have The exact same specs as your lenovo hackintosh
Latest (clean) EFI. All seems to be working very well. Fill in your own Serial, UUID, MLB numbers.

Hey what smbios did you choose? I have The exact same specs as your lenovo hackintosh
post 1 has a link to github repro, check the config.plist from there

post 1 has a link to github repro, check the config.plist from there
Ok so new problem, i don't remember the exact problem, but when it gets to installing the os, the bar doesn't move forward at all, and in the log it does output a ton of things that i think say something about not being able to connect to apple, and im gonna do it again and make sure that that HoRNDIS thing was properly set up and my tablet was set to tethering

Wait, it is working, I think, It's going extremely slowly

IMG_20220226_205123_787.jpg
so it is downloading atleast

Ok it's now saying 50 minutes remaining

The way I think would be easiest for me, is to use the USB as a bootloader, and once I'm into MacOS just unplug it

Ok, I have successfully installed macOS, I want to change the efi to open core, I have the efi folder in my sights How would I replace it with the EFI files I extracted from my usb
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 7.24.25 PM.png

Ok, I have successfully installed macOS, I want to change the efi to open core, I have the efi folder in my sights How would I replace it with the EFI files I extracted from my usbView attachment 542809
yes, tethering is slow :)

you mount the efi partition of your usb stick, hackintool or efi mounter software can do this

copy efi folder from efi partition to your desktop

remove usb stick

use same software above to mount your efi of your hard drive

if there is an efi folder in there, remove it and copy over efi folder from desktop

Back