Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

No worries @lknparktheory88, we'll get you up and running.

For the trackpad to work, please check if you have deleted AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ (let me know if the instructions in the guide are not clear or sufficient, and I'll update it)

- Your Clover/ACPI/patched looks good to me.
- The XOSI patch is already enabled in the config file in github repo. So, if you are using my config file, there's nothing else to patch in the config.plist.
shouldn't be a need to delete AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext using latest VoodooI2C kexts

shouldn't be a need to delete AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext using latest VoodooI2C kexts

Cool! I didn't know that.
I verified. It works fine without deleting apple's kexts.

Last i checked, I wasn't able to get get it working until I deleted the kexts.

Last edited:
No worries @lknparktheory88, we'll get you up and running.

For the trackpad to work, please check if you have deleted AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ (let me know if the instructions in the guide are not clear or sufficient, and I'll update it)

- Your Clover/ACPI/patched looks good to me.
- The XOSI patch is already enabled in the config file in github repo. So, if you are using my config file, there's nothing else to patch in the config.plist.
Yep. Pretty sure everything matches and I’m using the .config from the github not the configuhd file or whatever the name is. Any other ideas of what I could’ve done wrong?

Yep. Pretty sure everything matches and I’m using the .config from the github not the configuhd file or whatever the name is. Any other ideas of what I could’ve done wrong?

right, you should be using the config.plist. (I'll delete the UHD file from the repo, as it might confuse some).
Would you mind copying over the clover folder once again from the repo and trying it out ?

Can you share the exact model number you are using? Also, please update the hardware details in your profile.

If this doesn't work maybe you have slightly different hardware, and we'll help you create your own SSDT patch.

i updated the VoodooI2C kext in my repo to ver 2.3. This one does not require Apple's kexts to be deleted.

right, you should be using the config.plist. (I'll delete the UHD file from the repo, as it might confuse some).
Would you mind copying over the clover folder once again from the repo and trying it out ?

Can you share the exact model number you are using? Also, please update the hardware details in your profile.

If this doesn't work maybe you have slightly different hardware, and we'll help you create your own SSDT patch.

I’ll go ahead and try the newer files you pushed out and replace them in EFI/CLOVER

Model: 81QF

Just tried it out. Same result, everything seems to be the same.

MacOS 10.15.2 installed however my graphics are showing “Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile) 2048” I don’t think this has anything to do with the trackpad but I could’ve sworn this model was “620”.

Just tried it out. Same result, everything seems to be the same.

MacOS 10.15.2 installed however my graphics are showing “Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile) 2048” I don’t think this has anything to do with the trackpad but I could’ve sworn this model was “620”.

Our laptops do have UHD 620s. And we make it appear as 630 to MacOS, because that's the model MacOs supports. Expected. Nothing to worry there.

Yes it is touchscreen. I actually didn’t realize that till now!

Got this model secondhand and they never used it for $250

S340-15lWL

81QF0002US

Also I don’t know if this could be causing the issue but the touchscreen works.

Last edited:
Back