Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Looks like my card is lost in transit :(

I have noticed my USB device not working after a wake, but only occasionally.
Not sure if it's my USB hub or something else.

Please do post if you notice glitchy wakes.

Really, sh...
Seems my usb are ok.

Hi,

I have the same laptop S340 but with the i5-8265U cpu and intel620+nvidia MX110 GPU and I was trying all day to install mojave or catalina but I got to a point that while installing macOs to the SSD the installer gives an error:
"an error occurred while preparing the installation. try running this application again"

Any help please?

Thanks
270341-a7c40cd73eeae229e0cc902ad0c74a2a.jpg

I have ordered a BCM94360CS2 wifi adapter
and a BCM94360CS2 12+6 Pin WIFI to NGFF M.2 adapter off ebay.
$10 for both.

Yet to receive it.

Could you post a couple of links to the adapter and wifi card. I'm just trying to do this build on Xmas vacation. I got the same model, the Lenovo s340.

Any other part that I need to change out? I see you got the 16gb ddr Ram, did only Cruical Ram work? Did you use any ddr4 ram? Does your system recognize and optimize all the Ram?

You can find BCM card and adapter on ali, for the memory i use crucial like lenovo prenoise it, but sure other could work, for optimisation no problem at all.

Hi,

I have the same laptop S340 but with the i5-8265U cpu and intel620+nvidia MX110 GPU and I was trying all day to install mojave or catalina but I got to a point that while installing macOs to the SSD the installer gives an error:
"an error occurred while preparing the installation. try running this application again"

If we assume you followed the same process, then I think it could very well be because yours came with a different model SSD.

Any help please?

Thanks

Except for the GPU (which you'll have to disable); yours is almost the same as our models.
We will get it working, dont worry.

You might want to check the following:
- You have the latest BIOS.
- The Disk mode is AHCI is your BIOS settings.
- Does disk utility see your SSD ?

Could you post a couple of links to the adapter and wifi card. I'm just trying to do this build on Xmas vacation. I got the same model, the Lenovo s340.

Any other part that I need to change out? I see you got the 16gb ddr Ram, did only Cruical Ram work? Did you use any ddr4 ram? Does your system recognize and optimize all the Ram?

Here's the card: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=BCM94360CS2&_sacat=0
and the adaptor https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=BCM94360CS2

I will check and post the details of the RAM module later today.
Yes, the system recognises and uses all 20GB of it.

Here's info about the RAM module i'm using:

Capture.PNG

Also noticed from your picture that you are installing High Sierra.
You should be installing Catalina Or Mojave. Those two are known to work well on S340 hardware.

High Sierra is too old and may not support the modern hardware.
Why would you want to install that instead of the newer OSX ?

Back