Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

more related news;

Oh! That's great news! At least better than migrating to ARM processors.

I was mistaken installing hackintosh (crash at 50% and suddenly reboot)
And now my machine is in repair centre (all free costs!)
bios don't start-up...it called "blackscreen of death".

for me.
you should format SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) not APFS.
AND intel SGX should disabled in bios. DO NOT ENABLE or SWITCH SGX! may KILL your bios!!!

Last edited:
Hi there, I have tried to follow this guide. However, when i choose AHCI mode i can not reach the installer. The laptop restarts after getting the message "attempting system restart..." If i don't choose AHCI, i can see the installer but the ssd is not shown. Any idea?

Yes. I can see the clover menu and the usb drive. The problem was to get the macos utility. I tried again with storage in rst-mode, and rehabman recommendations for config.plist, efi-drivers, and kexts. I could access the macos utility and my ssd was listed in diskutility. I installed macos and booted from the new partition "Boot macOS Install from.." but it gets stuck at the end of installation in the apple logo with the message "less than a minute remaining"... any idea what should i do? thanks

well, i started all the process again with rehabman's guide and i could pass the problem above. I installed macos; booted from "Boot macOS Install from.."; finished installation; system restarted and i can see now the apple logo, the progress bar and the mouse cursor... but it gets stuck at the end.
apple_logo.jpeg

Last edited:
Mount the USB EFI partition, delete everything. Download 4mits github repository (link at first post). Paste 4mit’s EFI folder onto the USB EFI partition. Set drive to AHCI and boot from there. Keep us posted on the trackpad, those of us with the i5 variant of the laptop can’t get the trackpad to work.

Problem solved. I had to include nvme=-1 in boot args.

Hi!
I'm going to buy a new IdeaPad S340 14" with no Nvidia GPU. Intel i5 8265U & UHD 620, 8G RAM, 256G SSD (M2 I guess), intel wifi/BT. This topic is about 15" model which has i7 CPU. I wonder if this guide will work for me as well.

It should work

Back