Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

It seems to me that both 14” and 15” models have the same mobo. The difference in dimensions is visible on the left side. 15” model has more space between mobo and ports. Although S340 model with dedicated graphic card has much less space in the WiFi card area because of extended cooling system which makes it difficult to install BCM94360CS2 card with m2 adapter.

You're right - both 14" and 15" mobos are same.

The hinge on top right is different in the 14". It's tough to tell from pics how easy will it be to fix the Apple wifi card and
reroute the antenna wires.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-02-01 в 17.23.39.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-02-01 в 17.23.39.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 54
I have the same parameters there, I attached mine. @glamurol has exactly the same model as mine but his touchpad works. The only difference is that he installed 1Tb sata drive additionally. Can it have an influence on working the built-in touchpad?
Well.... my trackpad works. I don't have a SATA drive.

I have no clues on why the trackpad wont work for so many people :(

Well.... my trackpad works. I don't have a SATA drive.

I have no clues on why the trackpad wont work for so many people :(
Is just copying your EFI folder from Github enough? No need any additional tweaks for fixing touchpad?

Is just copying your EFI folder from Github enough? No need any additional tweaks for fixing touchpad?

Right. Just copy the EFI folder; no other tweaks/post install steps for the trackpad.

Right. Just copy the EFI folder; no other tweaks/post install steps for the trackpad.
That’s exactly what I did

Hi,

I have created the USB with catalina and mounted the EFI folder on it and copied your EFI folder. Made the BIOS changes but when trying to boot the laptop from USB, clover is only giving option to boot from WIN but no Install MAc from USB?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Back