Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

So I could make it through, and now everything is working except for the Trackpad. Catalina 15.2, bios version 2.5.
I see that some of us has this problem and others not. Any ideas?

Interestingly, I installed Catalina 10.15.2 and could not get the trackpad working even though all the kexts were loading. So, I restored back to Mojave 10.14.6 - which works great for me.

FYI - If anyone wants to install Mojave, use the installinstallmacos.py script (found on the internet) to get the install image. Be sure to set your computer's clock back to say Oct 1, 2019; otherwise, it won't install (you can do this via the terminal app during the OS setup).

I'll try this today, hope it will work because my trackpad isn't working neither

I'll try this today, hope it will work because my trackpad isn't working neither
I have just installed mojave with a clean installation and my trackpad is still not working. Trying to read and read but I can't get over that.
The differences between my pc and the one used by the guy who made the guide are:
- model number 81N8003HUS in the guide, my model is -81N800KVIX.
- my hard drive where I installed the OSX is different from the one reported on the guide page 1.
- PC on the guide has i7, I have i5
I don't think those 3 things could affect the trackpad, but who knows.
-my trackpad ID hardware and bios name are in the pics are here attached. Someone who has the trackpad working can please give a check on his windows partition if the they are the same?

Attachments

• 5C1AB92A-43B2-4896-9154-46E4776BAFA8.jpeg
    5C1AB92A-43B2-4896-9154-46E4776BAFA8.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 83AB7C7C-EF02-412C-B647-9F9626318745.jpeg
    83AB7C7C-EF02-412C-B647-9F9626318745.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I have just installed mojave with a clean installation and my trackpad is still not working. Trying to read and read but I can't get over that.
The differences between my pc and the one used by the guy who made the guide are:
- model number 81N8003HUS in the guide, my model is -81N800KVIX.
- my hard drive where I installed the OSX is different from the one reported on the guide page 1.
- PC on the guide has i7, I have i5
I don't think those 3 things could affect the trackpad, but who knows.
-my trackpad ID hardware and bios name are in the pics are here attached. Someone who has the trackpad working can please give a check on his windows partition if the they are the same?
My model number is 81N80092US. It's the one with the i3 CPU. I've installed macOS on the NVMe drive that came with the laptop, a 2.5" SATA drive, and a bigger/faster NVMe drive. Neither of those made a difference as the trackpad still works with Mojave (but oddly, it doesn't work with Catalina).
Under Windows, my trackpad is listed as an "HID compatible mouse". The hardware ID shows up as HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001

Attachments

• trackpad.jpg
    trackpad.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 98
My model number is 81N80092US. It's the one with the i3 CPU. I've installed macOS on the NVMe drive that came with the laptop, a 2.5" SATA drive, and a bigger/faster NVMe drive. Neither of those made a difference as the trackpad still works with Mojave (but oddly, it doesn't work with Catalina).
Under Windows, my trackpad is listed as an "HID compatible mouse". The hardware ID shows up as HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001
Thanks for your answer. My hardware ID instead is ACPI\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001. So there is a difference in the first part, ACPI mine and HID yours. Do you know which means that difference?

Thanks for your answer. My hardware ID instead is ACPI\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001. So there is a difference in the first part, ACPI mine and HID yours. Do you know which means that difference?
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure of what the difference is. Maybe your laptop model is using a different trackpad. You could try another of the VoodooI2C satellites; such as the ELAN, FTE, or Synaptics kexts (instead of the HID kext).
VoodooI2C download

Attachments

• VoodooI2C and satelites.png
    VoodooI2C and satelites.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 83
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure of what the difference is. Maybe your laptop model is using a different trackpad. You could try another of the VoodooI2C satellites; such as the ELAN, FTE, or Synaptics kexts (instead of the HID kext).
VoodooI2C download
I'll try.. should i just copy and past each file one by one in the kext folder? or do i need to activate something? Also.. every time i try a different kext i need to reboot right?

I'll try.. should i just copy and past each file one by one in the kext folder? or do i need to activate something? Also.. every time i try a different kext i need to reboot right?
Yes, I would say it's safest to try each, one at a time. Rebooting after each one. Be sure to keep the main VoodooI2C.kext file each time.

I see multiple users with everything working but not trackpad. There isn't much help coming in on this thread.
I would really want to get each one of you up and running on Catalina, but I dont have any solution at the moment.

Will it be ok if someone creates a new thread under Laptop Support?

That will get a lot more visibility, and one of the more experienced members may be able to help.

I see multiple users with everything working but not trackpad. There isn't much help coming in on this thread.
I would really want to get each one of you up and running on Catalina, but I dont have any solution at the moment.

Will it be ok if someone creates a new thread under Laptop Support?

That will get a lot more visibility, and one of the more experienced members may be able to help.
I did that. I wanted to ask you something about the wifi card. I ordered the same model as you with the adapter, but when i go to replace it the adapter and the card are longer than the space provided in my Computer. So basically it works but the space is not enough and when i close the back cover i can see that it doesn't close perfectly. Do you have the same ? I think my machine is different than yours for sure

EDIT: i could install the wifi card, and the bluetooth is perfectly working. Wifi instead sometimes works sometimes not. Don't know why

Attachments

• 288DB168-7408-4C0C-9C60-434B58E08EEF.jpeg
    288DB168-7408-4C0C-9C60-434B58E08EEF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 131
  • 28CF56A4-F0B3-4D8F-9EC1-6F858B5EC3EA.jpeg
    28CF56A4-F0B3-4D8F-9EC1-6F858B5EC3EA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Back