- Apr 10, 2011
- Lenovo Ideapad 510-15IKB
- Intel Core i5-7200U
- HD 620 + GT 940MX
- Mobile Phone
Also works for macOS Sierra.
- Integrated GPU (HD 620)
- Speakers, microphone, audio jack (Conexant CX20751/2)
- Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411)
- Battery indicator
- Brightness (slider and keys)
- All USB ports
- HDD caddy
- FileVault 2 using the built-in keyboard (workaround: use a USB keyboard or create a separate, encrypted partition for your sensitive data instead of using FileVault)
- SD card reader (workaround: use a USB SD card reader)
- WiFi and Bluetooth (workaround: use an Android phone to tether, replace the WiFi module and mod the UEFI firmware, or use a USB dongle)
- Discrete GPU (GT 940 MX)
- Some fn keys (might need to be mapped)
- Trackpad dragging without Drag Lock
- Power nap (disabled in Clover)
- Optical drives
- Safe sleep, hibernation (disabled in Clover)
- 4k output (might require a few changes)
UEFI firmware settings (if yours don't match, or if you have issues, remove the pre-patched aml files and patch them yourself later):
- BIOS Version 3JCN29WW
- EC Version 3JEC29WW
- MTM 80SV00YKIX
- Wireless LAN [Enabled]
- Graphic Device [Discrete]
- Power Beep [Disabled]
- Intel Virtualization Technology [Enabled]
- BIOS Back Flash [Enabled]
- Hotkey Mode [Disabled]
- Intel Platform Trust Technology [Enabled]
- Intel SGX [Software Controlled]
- Secure Boot [Disabled]
- Boot Mode [UEFI]
- Fast Boot [Disabled]
- USB Boot [Enabled]
- PXE Boot to LAN [Enabled]
- IPV4 PXE First [Enabled]
Either use UniBeast to create a bootable USB drive with the macOS installer and Clover EFI, or do it yourself. You can also upgrade from macOS Sierra.
Either way, you should replace your EFI/CLOVER folder with the one provided.
HoRNDIS (GPLv3 - source code here) is included, so you can use an Android phone to get internet access. You can also use an Ethernet cable to connect.
If you wish to patch the DSDT/SSDT yourself, follow this tutorial.
SSDT-CC.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml must be copied directly to the "patched" folder in order to have sound and backlight working.
To get iMessage and FaceTime working, see An iDiot's Guide to iMessage and How to Fix iMessage.
I recommend remapping the modifier keys (System Preferences > Keyboard) as follows:
10.9 MB Views: 671
8.6 KB Views: 394