Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb (i7-8550u) Mojave 10.14.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

You need to find the details if you want someone to help point you in the right direction. You have the laptop, so boot into Linux or windows and see what’s there if there’s no other documentation. Lenovo tends to publish somewhat detailed specs on their website as well so go type your serial number in there and see if you can find anything useful.

Try using ioregistry explorer and seeing what’s showing up in macos, or google and check lenovo’s Recommended drivers for your software. Lots of options.

I suspect you need to patch your DSDT to fix the battery - have you done this or did you just drop the prebuilt files into your laptop? That could 100% be the problem as I’m almost certain these laptops are not identical inside.

Trackpad could be just an additional kext but without knowing what you have it’s shooting in the dark to try to guess. Maybe try the voodooi2c elan driver and see if that helps.

Without further specifics there’s nothing else I can help you with, good luck.

Note: Lenovo does imply that you have a conexant audio chip, so try audio layout ids 3, 13, and 28. One of those should work.
Clover Devices Settings.png
is this the layout id?

hello, first of all, I thank you for the guide, I have your own pc, Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15 ikb, upgraded to 12 GB RAM, and another SSD will be 128 GB, but I can't make the audio work in it the trackpad, I tried to install all the kext, but nothing, can you help me? thank you

Hi there @dareposte did you have any issues with any whitelisting while changing out the Wifi/Bluetooth card? I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB 81DE any ideas?

Hey @dareposte I'm back...
Tried the first patch (battery) and it worked :thumbup:
When I apply the second one (audio) Maciasl doesn't compile or save the file: error 6126, input file does not appear to be an asl or data table source file.
Any idea on how to fix?

@dareposte found your post from snazzy labs youtube link, followed your guide and near everything is working. Didn't do any kind of DSDT mods. I picked up the $279/i3 version from Best Buy on eBay.
Only issues so far are as you mentioned:

- basic trackpad function (best to use mouse, TP is very "sticky")
- BT becomes unavailable after sleep (sometimes)
- display brightness keys don't work - but it's a crap screen anyway and doesn't require much adjustment
- imessage / itunes working
- battery display
- doesn't go to sleep when lid is closed, unless already asleep or put asleep manually
- kernel panic on reboot about 50% of time on reboot

I'm not a heavy laptop user so this works great for my needs and is replacing a 2015 macbook air.

thank you for your efforts. My last laptop was a "netbook" from back in the day

Last edited:
@dareposte found your post from snazzy labs youtube link, followed your guide and near everything is working. Didn't do any kind of DSDT mods. I picked up the $279/i3 version from Best Buy on eBay.

- display brightness keys don't work - but it's a crap screen anyway and doesn't require much adjustment
- battery display
- doesn't go to sleep when lid is closed, unless already asleep or put asleep manually

I'm not a heavy laptop user so this works great for my needs and is replacing a 2015 macbook air.

I found that Rehabman's latest version of VoodooPS2Controller panics regularly when used in conjunction with VoodooI2C. Roll back to v1.8.34. Since I made that change I have zero KPs on startup.

Do a verbose boot and see if you can catch what is panicing.

I updated 10.14.6 with supplemental update 2 and while it started up ok on the initial restart after the update the next startup (a few days later) the HD with the OS disappeared, only the recovery partial appeared in the clover screen. I think it was because the disk was encrypted ???(which I've never done before). If I restarted it using the recovery partition and selected install OS on the partition with the OS it was grayed out and it said it was unavailable because it was being encrypted.

The trackpad stopped working too after the update. I decided to wipe the drive and reinstall using my original USB stick, It kept the EFI so I didn't need to update the serial number. I eventually updated clover and the drivers and kext and didn't encrypt the drive. I reinstalled the supplemental update #2 and the system is working with the exception of the trackpad

- battery display

Hey, I'm new to the Hackintosh scene and I'm trying to get my start with the Snazzy Labs build.

I followed the Rehabman guide to install MacOS but I can't for the life of me get it to finish and actually boot to the MacOS installer. I installed the essential kexts, tried both GPT and MBR, a ton of different config.plist files but it just keeps panicking. I turned on verbose mode but I don't know how to read where it went wrong.

Is there anything you did differently from that guide that got you to actually install it?

Hi,

Brilliant files are really nice to see such a helpful guide published. I bought the same laptop with the i5 yesterday and have managed to get to boot into mac os.
The issue is, when i restart I am not able to boot into mac os without my usb stick.
I am new to all of this stuff so am not really sure what it is that I am doing wrong.
I am also unsure how to install all of the required kexts due to only just getting into this stuff. I have created the installation media and have managed to install mac os onto a partition of the hard drive but was wondering if you, or anyone would be able to reply with a set-by-step guide on how to finish the installation.

I would really like this pc up and running mac as soon as possible so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Ethan :)

Take a look at RehabMan's [FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions It has got a lot of great info to get you started.
Q. Is there a way to make Radeon or Nvidia graphics work in my dual-GPU laptop?

Not if the discrete card is not dedicated (eg. tied to the Intel device).

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches. See the prior question.

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back