Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Monterey 12.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas why brightness control does not work on my 330S, but it works on pedronesbr's?
IMG_20220706_015956.png

display.png

display info.png

Does the above look correct?

Last edited:
Any ideas why brightness control does not work on my 330S, but it works on pedronesbr's?
View attachment 550705

View attachment 550703

View attachment 550704

Does the above look correct?
you will want to disable your amd card via hotpatching:

I saw what you had written through my email. I don't know why our messages were deleted. Maybe it's not cool to talk about beta systems around here.
But answering your question, I think the problem is not related to Monterey, which is the most suitable system to use for now, as it is already a more solid and tested version. As 'FearTech' has mentioned before, maybe the solution for your case is to turn off AMD Card. My notebook don't have GPU.
Make an EFI Vanilla could be the solution. There is a Brazilian who has excellent tutorials "Gabriel Luchina - Hackintosh Universe" and he teaches how to make an EFI Vanilla in video, step by step. But it is laborious and complex. Just to give you an idea about this, for example the USB port mapping, he suggests that you install macOS Catalina just to be able to do this better, once done, the Kext you made works for the new macOS releases.

I saw what you had written through my email. I don't know why our messages were deleted. Maybe it's not cool to talk about beta systems around here.
But answering your question, I think the problem is not related to Monterey, which is the most suitable system to use for now, as it is already a more solid and tested version. As 'FearTech' has mentioned before, maybe the solution for your case is to turn off AMD Card. My notebook don't have GPU.
Make an EFI Vanilla could be the solution. There is a Brazilian who has excellent tutorials "Gabriel Luchina - Hackintosh Universe" and he teaches how to make an EFI Vanilla in video, step by step. But it is laborious and complex. Just to give you an idea about this, for example the USB port mapping, he suggests that you install macOS Catalina just to be able to do this better, once done, the Kext you made works for the new macOS releases.
Coolness has nothing to do with it.

You can discuss Public betas here, but not Developer betas because they are covered by an NDA.

Hope that helps.

:)

you will want to disable your amd card via hotpatching:
Thanks to your great suggestion, I disabled the AMD Radeon graphics adapter and brightness control now works!!! :D
brightness2.png

IMG_20220706_080333.jpg

FYI - I've updated my bootloader to the latest OC 0.82, then ran Software Update to install the latest Monterey 12.5. Everything that worked before the update still works. :)

I used your EFI to migrate from my old Lenovo Z580 that died after a few good years of running mac os to my almost new Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15IKB.
It worked pretty well with BigSur, except for the trackpad. Thank you.
After I upgraded to Monterey everything worked as before except that after a restart with Monterey the keyboard would not work on the UEFI nor on the Opencore picker menu.
That was a major problem for me because I need to get the UEFI boot menu or the Opencore picker working to be able to boot my windows 10.
I had to fallback to BigSur.
Did anyone else experience this problem?

Excuse me, but how did you all connect the Internet? My laptop does not have an ethernet port and when I try to install it, the installer says that an internet connection is required. I tried turning on the usb-modem, but it didn't work.
Help me please.

Upd: My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15ikb

Last edited:
Excuse me, but how did you all connect the Internet? My laptop does not have an ethernet port and when I try to install it, the installer says that an internet connection is required. I tried turning on the usb-modem, but it didn't work.
Help me please.

Hi there.

Two things:

1) Please update your hardware Profile so we all know what laptop you are working with. If it is only a secondary project to your MSI B450I, then please give us more detail on your laptop. We assume it is a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S?

2) You can create an installer from the full version of Monterey that does not need an Internet connection to install, but uses the local file.

Where did you obtain your Monterey installer and how did you create the installer USB stick?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back