Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@imrock0 I'm curious: if I wanted to try it, I just delete the COLVER folder and replace it with the OC one in EFI?

I would suggest using a USB drive as a temporary test to check if everything is stable instead of straight away deleting Clover. Format a USB to FAT32, create an empty folder called "EFI" (without the quotes) in it, and put the OC folder from OC.zip in it. Reboot and check what errors you get (you probably will).

Once you rectify all the problems, you'll be safe to delete Clover and put OC folder in your main EFI.

I would suggest using a USB drive as a temporary test to check if everything is stable instead of straight away deleting Clover. Format a USB to FAT32, create an empty folder called "EFI" (without the quotes) in it, and put the OC folder from OC.zip in it. Reboot and check what errors you get (you probably will).

Once you rectify all the problems, you'll be safe to delete Clover and put OC folder in your main EFI.
thanks, i'll give it a try!

Installer says that you can't install Catalina without internet access. Built-in wifi card isn't working because I haven't changed anything since I got my laptop and even if I had a Wi-Fi dongle, a driver have to be installed for it to work right? So the only choice for me is some kind of an ethernet adapter it seems

Installer says that you can't install Catalina without internet access. Built-in wifi card isn't working because I haven't changed anything since I got my laptop and even if I had a Wi-Fi dongle, a driver have to be installed for it to work right? So the only choice for me is some kind of an ethernet adapter it seems
Many external wifi adapters do not need driver installation from the user end.

If you have an Android phone, you can try including HoRNDIS.kext in your kexts folder and use USB tethering to install.

If anyone's interested in trying out OpenCore, I've used OP's guide to create SSDTs for OpenCore and currently it seems to boot fine. Beware though, I don't have BCM94352Z, so I don't have any kexts installed for WiFi, you'll have to add those on your own.
Of course, @erinviegas could extend this in his original guide for those wanting to try out OpenCore. Thanks to him for making this guide.
hi, I used your EFI with small modifications, everything is working properly, my question is; your webcam is working?
Any Suggestions for that???
Thank You!

hi, I used your EFI with small modifications, everything is working properly, my question is; your webcam is working?
Any Suggestions for that???
Thank You!

It does work for me. You might try fixing USB Mapping. But I remember it working straight off without any workarounds, so cannot really point you to what might be causing your issue. Good luck!

hi, thx for the guide
I got it working just fine but I was wondering anyone tried OpenCore bootloader? I was trying to get it to work but no luck
they have a really good guide on their website but I got no luck

It does work for me. You might try fixing USB Mapping. But I remember it working straight off without any workarounds, so cannot really point you to what might be causing your issue. Good luck!
I made it work, thanks!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back