Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna say that, thank you for your guide.

This guide worked perfectly for my Lenovo ideapad Flex 6-14IKB (i5 8250u).
So if any of you have the same model as mine, just follow this guide.
Including DSDT patch, it worked too. But you have to disassemble and patch it manually.

Maybe it shares same platform with 330s 14ikb.
Fyi, my touchscreen panel is broken/not working anymore so I don't test it, the rest is good.
Cheers!

Hello, thank you for your guide. It has been really helpful.
However, I have got some problems. Every time the laptop restart, or just start up, the brightness resets to 100%. I have done the brightness control key remapping and I can set it back to proper brightness but I do not want to do so every time, or use some software that changes brightness. Is there a solution?

Hello, thank you for your guide. It has been really helpful.
However, I have got some problems. Every time the laptop restart, or just start up, the brightness resets to 100%. I have done the brightness control key remapping and I can set it back to proper brightness but I do not want to do so every time, or use some software that changes brightness. Is there a solution?
may need ssdt-als0.aml in acpi/patched folder

Hello, I am asking for help on updating the macOS from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4.1. As I am enrolled in Apple beta software program I have the access to 10.15.4.1 beta. But the update crashed and I had to reinstall.

After the update finished downloading and rebooted I selected the ‘Install macOS—Macintosh-data’ option out of ‘boot macOS—Macintosh’ , ‘Recovery’ and ‘Install macOS—Macintosh data’.(My startup disk is called Macintosh) and then I was informed by the installer that the update file was not found and I couldn’t boot into system ever since.

Now I have reinstalled the system and I have to update by take out the ssd and connect it to a real Mac, update the software, and then plug it back. Would anybody please tell me a better way, for example, that allows me to update natively on the hackintosh laptop?

I followed the instruction but the laptop fails to react to lid behavior and refuse to go to sleep. Any help Please?

I followed the instruction but the laptop fails to react to lid behavior and refuse to go to sleep. Any help Please?
Sorry, haven't had these issues as I don't mess with beta versions of macOS. Stability is more important to me than having the latest features. That being said, I don't quite understand your problem. If you have reinstalled the system, why do you need to take the SSD out to update it?

Sorry, haven't had these issues as I don't mess with beta versions of macOS. Stability is more important to me than having the latest features. That being said, I don't quite understand your problem. If you have reinstalled the system, why do you need to take the SSD out to update it?
I tried this and the update worked. Thanks you. Also closing the lid to sleep got magically fixed.

Hi Erinviegas
thanks for the guide.
i have followed both of your guide and installed both Mojave 10.14.1 and catalina 10.15.3 on my original Laptop without any customization. with an external wifi dongle. i mean on the HDD.
in short Mojave is working very awesome and as u know catalina is bit time taking in boot and slow because of beta.
so I stick with Mojave.
@here now the help i need is just to confirm My Laptop battery is 2-3 hours, Appstore unable to login(facetime/Imessage is known), sleep is completely crashing(reboot in a minute after set to sleep). and closing of lid not working on Mojave.
any suggestion for the above.
else it completely feels like Mac with the same smoothness and response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back