Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I was able to install the cpufriend kext, the battery now is slighty better. I think I can get something close to 2-2:30 or even 3hours of battery life. Close to what it was on windows.
But I've got a problem, sleep doesn't seem to work. I mean, the screen goes black but in 30 minutes 30% of the battery is gone.

Hey there.
Iv been trying to setup mac os on 330s-14ikb but with i3 8130 instead of 8250, and im getting kernel panic on boot with voodooi2c + i2chid + voodoops2 kexts. Did anyone have same issue, and if so - how do you solve it?

Ok so i managed to fix it by recreating dsdt.aml with maciasl and applying windows 10 patch on it. Everything now seems to be functional but battery indicator, how do i fix it?

Ok so i managed to fix it by recreating dsdt.aml with maciasl and applying windows 10 patch on it. Everything now seems to be functional but battery indicator, how do i fix it?

Somehow I was able to install the cpufriend kext, the battery now is slighty better. I think I can get something close to 2-2:30 or even 3hours of battery life. Close to what it was on windows.
But I've got a problem, sleep doesn't seem to work. I mean, the screen goes black but in 30 minutes 30% of the battery is gone.
Run the following command in your Terminal to see what's keeping it awake.
Code:
pmset -g assertions

I wrote dsdt patch for EC, it fixes battery indication for i3 8130 version, and i think it might be helpful here

Attachments

• dsdt.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 124
Run the following command in your Terminal to see what's keeping it awake.
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
InternalPreventDisplaySleep 1
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 72(powerd): [0x00000ba000108001] 00:04:05 InternalPreventDisplaySleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.delayDisplayOff"
Timeout will fire in 54 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
pid 115(hidd): [0x000000300009805e] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle serviceID:100000340 name:IOHIDEventDriver product:Keyboard eventType:3"
Timeout will fire in 360 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

This is what came back

I wrote dsdt patch for EC, it fixes battery indication for i3 8130 version, and i think it might be helpful here
I have the same model but this didn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back