Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, is this the one that comes with Radeon 535 or GeForce?

@erinviegas For your issue with the mute key not actually muting the volume. I had a look at your EFI folder and you’re using using the wrong AppleALC layout ID

And in general, you’re giving some really bad advice in your guide. Never install any kexts to /L/E, always leave them in your EFI partition in C/k/o

@erinviegas For your issue with the mute key not actually muting the volume. I had a look at your EFI folder and you’re using using the wrong AppleALC layout ID

And in general, you’re giving some really bad advice in your guide. Never install any kexts to /L/E, always leave them in your EFI partition in C/k/o
I'd really like an explanation for why you think it's bad advice, given the guide written here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/ by a well respected member says that kexts should be installed to L/E.
And what with regards to the layout ID which one works for the mute button?

Last edited:

I'd really like an explanation for why you think it's bad advice, given the guide written here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/ by a well respected member says that kexts should be installed to L/E.
And what with regards to the layout ID which one works for the mute button?
How and where to install kexts:

although the choice is really down to the user

for the mute key issue: layout-id 15 works for me, this fixed the mute key actually muting the sound. and for me (but this may be subjective) the sound quality seems to be better. YMMV so make sure to try other layout ids

regarding the "installation" of kexts: if you look in the r/hackintosh subreddit or join the r/hackintosh discord server, almost everybody will tell you to put your kexts into C/k/o, so they can be injected during boot. furthermore, even developers of those kexts advice you to leave the kexts in the EFI partition.
- see here for example (Lilu+WEG)
- and even the developer of Hackintool uses kexts in C/k/o:

but I agree with you @Feartech if somebody wants to install them to /L/E, they can do so

for the mute key issue: layout-id 15 works for me, this fixed the mute key actually muting the sound. and for me (but this may be subjective) the sound quality seems to be better. YMMV so make sure to try other layout ids

regarding the "installation" of kexts: if you look in the r/hackintosh subreddit or join the r/hackintosh discord server, almost everybody will tell you to put your kexts into C/k/o, so they can be injected during boot. furthermore, even developers of those kexts advice you to leave the kexts in the EFI partition.
- see here for example (Lilu+WEG)
- and even the developer of Hackintool uses kexts in C/k/o:

but I agree with you @Feartech if somebody wants to install them to /L/E, they can do so
As listed in the guide I've mentioned which is the same one that @Feartech mentioned, (Step 5) it's advised to have "critical kexts" in C/k/o which if you have seen my EFI folder, I have. So don't go about accusing me of "giving some really bad advice" just because it doesn't match your personal preference.

Finally, I managed to get a wifi card. But I think there is something wrong, my battery it's not lasting not even half of what is was with windows. Every minutes it goes down by 2%. Btw, I've got the same 330s as you, 14" HD screen and i5.

Finally, I managed to get a wifi card. But I think there is something wrong, my battery it's not lasting not even half of what is was with windows. Every minutes it goes down by 2%. Btw, I've got the same 330s as you, 14" HD screen and i5.
I can confirm that power drain is significant when compared to windows. May have something to do with NVMe power management. Also, this model has a 30 Wh 2 cell battery, which is quite small. I'm thinking of upgrading it to a 3 cell 52.5 Wh in the future.

I can confirm that power drain is significant when compared to windows. May have something to do with NVMe power management. Also, this model has a 30 Wh 2 cell battery, which is quite small. I'm thinking of upgrading it to a 3 cell 52.5 Wh in the future.
You probably can improve the battery life with CPUFriend + CPUFriendFriend.kext

I saw you are using a SSDT-EC, this is highly not recommended to do on Laptops, as it could disable your real EC and harm your machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back