Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take my opencore efi folder, YOU only need to change the serial number, and it’s working faster than Clover
Please can you explain about configuring opencore .

Please can you explain about configuring opencore .
For opencore you can refer to here
I have not yet switched to opencore because I honestly haven't found any difference with respect to boot times or day to day usage despite other users claims. You need drivers and a config specific to opencore, but the ACPI patches and kexts can be used from clover.
I'm thinking of updating this guide to opencore only after the update to Big Sur.
If you need help with your trackpad issue for clover, make sure to upload your files, can't diagnose problems with magic. ;)

Last edited:
For opencore you can refer to here
I have not yet switched to opencore because I honestly haven't found any difference with respect to boot times or day to day usage despite other users claims. You need drivers and a config specific to opencore, but the ACPI patches and kexts can be used from clover.
I'm thinking of updating this guide to opencore only after there update to 10.11 Big Sur.
If you need help with your trackpad issue for clover, make sure to upload your files, can't diagnose problems with magic. ;)
Okay alright . I will get the files uploaded. I'm gonna stick on with clover for the time being. This is what I have done , I have installed MacOS on my HDD of 1TB with no windows . It's APFS . It does boot up successful after the installation :). But then after that when I mount the EFI by clover configurator and copy the text files from your git hub to my clover folder on my HDD and then reboot ; everything like graphics , brightness , keyboard buttons and all works except the trackpad . I think there is something else to do after all these to fix them

Okay alright . I will get the files uploaded. I'm gonna stick on with clover for the time being. This is what I have done , I have installed MacOS on my HDD of 1TB with no windows . It's APFS . It does boot up successful after the installation :). But then after that when I mount the EFI by clover configurator and copy the text files from your git hub to my clover folder on my HDD and then reboot ; everything like graphics , brightness , keyboard buttons and all works except the trackpad . I think there is something else to do after all these to fix them
Did you follow Step 2 under post-installation of my guide?

Did you follow Step 2 under post-installation of my guide?
Oh yeah thanks a lot . Maybe that was the issue . Now the trackpad issue is solved. But I found a new issue . Whenever I connect my phone or my router via the USB port after 10-15 sec the whole system reboots . Without connecting them its fine. I didn't delete the two files as you told from system/library/extension... I thought it might cause boot loop . . Is that the issue sir

Oh yeah thanks a lot . Maybe that was the issue . Now the trackpad issue is solved. But I found a new issue . Whenever I connect my phone or my router via the USB port after 10-15 sec the whole system reboots . Without connecting them its fine. I didn't delete the two files as you told from system/library/extension... I thought it might cause boot loop . . Is that the issue sir
Use hackintool to create your own USB port patch. Instructions are available in hackintool. Be sure to remove my USB Ports kext first.

Use hackintool to create your own USB port patch. Instructions are available in hackintool. Be sure to remove my USB Ports kext first.
Hello sir , I have used the kext which I saw from a YouTube video now its working fine. I saw that you wrote , we should disable the virtualization in the bios . But due to that I was not able to run the Virtual BOX . So I had turned it back on. There was no issue . So can you explain why should we disable them as you mentioned. :):O

Hello sir , I have used the kext which I saw from a YouTube video now its working fine. I saw that you wrote , we should disable the virtualization in the bios . But due to that I was not able to run the Virtual BOX . So I had turned it back on. There was no issue . So can you explain why should we disable them as you mentioned. :):O
That was just to avoid any potential conflicts during installation. You can leave it on, no problem.

That was just to avoid any potential conflicts during installation. You can leave it on, no problem.
Oh okay thanks . Will you make a guide for mac OS bug sur by OpenCore method . That would be very helpful . Thanks in advance brother .

First of all, thank you very much for this perfectly detailed guide. I will be very honest with you: I am very sorry to ask this, although if I do it, it is because I have already been searching for a possible solution in other posts without finding a solution.

After carrying out every step of your guide, everything works flawlessly, even the trackpad works, the problem is that the main click works like the three-finger cick.

What do you think may be the problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2020-07-15 a la(s) 9.18.00.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-07-15 a la(s) 9.18.00.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back