Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little suggestion: since I was disappointed by the poor color gamut this display can output, I decided to give a chance to a display swap. I spent some days searching the web, and then I found this canadian site:
They sell not only the standard display, but also an "improved version" of it, which claims to reach 72% NTSC gamut (which is 100% sRGB)
Actually don't know if it's another model from the standard they sell, or if it's just a factory-re-calibrated one, but the results are very good! Still, don't own any hardware to check the actual gamut this one is reaching, but for sure the washed out colours are no more here, and contrast seems to be better, too.
Since the screen is in my opinion the biggest Achilles' heel of this laptop, I recommend you to think about this upgrade! Just pay attention while you remove the original monitor cause tends to bend during the process (it's glued with adhesive tape to the body, so perhaps try using a hair dryer to soften the glue or something like that), so you can keep it as a spare part or perhaps use it for some DIY cool project (i.e. second monitor, or smart mirror, or whatever you prefer)

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide erinviegas,
I have the same laptop and running 10.15.4 with just a few problems.

I replaced my Wi-Fi card with a Lenovo Broadcom BCM94352Z but bluetooth is very unstable. Sometimes I can get connected but most of the time can't connect with my Bt mouse and headphones. And Wifi is kind of slow and the speed is unstable too.

Also my track pad is not working... battery status and everything else works fine!!

Any advice or guidance will be very helpful, thanks:)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
I have sa e laptop

I replaced my Wi-Fi card with a Lenovo Broadcom BCM94352Z but bluetooth is very unstable. Sometimes I can get connected but most of the time can't connect with my Bt mouse and headphones. And Wifi is kind of slow and the speed is unstable too.

Also my track pad is not working... battery status and everything else works fine!!

I have The same laptop if you want i can share The OC efi folder!

For proper Bluetooth and wifi first, remove any kexts related to it and rebuild the kextcache with hackintool. Then make sure to install the following 3 kexts to Library/Extensions BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareRepo & BrcmPatchRAM3.
For trackpad make sure you follow step 3.1 from here and also install VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID to Library/Extensions.

I have sa e laptop

I have The same laptop if you want i can share The OC efi folder!

Thank you pliciboy!! Please send me your EFI folder so I can give it a try.

I have clover so I guess I have to switch to OC in order to use your efi properly.
Is it an easy transition? If you have any guide or recommendation to set up OC I will appreciate it!!

For proper Bluetooth and wifi first, remove any kexts related to it and rebuild the kextcache with hackintool. Then make sure to install the following 3 kexts to Library/Extensions BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareRepo & BrcmPatchRAM3.
For trackpad make sure you follow step 3.1 from here and also install VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID to Library/Extensions.

Thanks for your help erinviegas,

I followed your instructions but unfortunately bluetooth is not connecting.
I deleted BrcmBluetoothinjector, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM3, and also AirportBrcmFixup (Just in case), used hackintool to rebuild cache, restarted to check wifi&BT are not working, then I reinstalled the kexts but bluetooth is not connecting to any device. I also deleted all kexts in L/E reinstalled all of them (Exactly the same kexts downloaded from your github) but the result is the same.

------

Regarding the trackpad, I followed step 3.1, added VoodooI2C source.
Do I need to patch my DSDT.aml again using this?
I opened my DSDT, go to patch, then select VoodooI2C from the list and there are these options:

[Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL]
[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+]
[Windows] Windows 7 Patch... 8, 8.1, 10 patch

Which one should I apply?

Thanks for your time!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 22.54.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 22.54.35.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for your help erinviegas,

I followed your instructions but unfortunately bluetooth is not connecting.
I deleted BrcmBluetoothinjector, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM3, and also AirportBrcmFixup (Just in case), used hackintool to rebuild cache, restarted to check wifi&BT are not working, then I reinstalled the kexts but bluetooth is not connecting to any device. I also deleted all kexts in L/E reinstalled all of them (Exactly the same kexts downloaded from your github) but the result is the same.

------

Regarding the trackpad, I followed step 3.1, added VoodooI2C source.
Do I need to patch my DSDT.aml again using this?
I opened my DSDT, go to patch, then select VoodooI2C from the list and there are these options:

[Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL]
[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+]
[Windows] Windows 7 Patch... 8, 8.1, 10 patch

Which one should I apply?

Thanks for your time!!
Regarding your Bluetooth and wifi, make sure the kexts are only in one location. When it comes to the trackpad, you need to patch your dsdt with the Windows & GPIO.

Regarding your Bluetooth and wifi, make sure the kexts are only in one location. When it comes to the trackpad, you need to patch your dsdt with the Windows & GPIO.
I only have them in L/E
I started with windows to see if BT is working well by connecting to my android phone. I restarted my hackintosh and somehow now all my devices are recognized and working fine in Catalina!! I hope it continues working!!

I will try the DSDT patch and let you know the results!

My trackpad is working for the first time!!! Thank you so much for your help, now my machine is working 100%:clap:

My trackpad is working for the first time!!! Thank you so much for your help, now my machine is working 100%:clap:
hi. sorry for the late reply
here is my Efi folder! I suggest you to make a clean reinstall!

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back