Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more thing catalina vs mojave i3 7th gen what u recommend

one more thing catalina vs mojave i3 7th gen what u recommend

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hello, I know it's an old thread, but... I managed to set everything up and now it's working fine, except for sleep mode: when i close the screen, it keeps just running as if i did nothing... I read all your guide, but probably I'm missing something... How did you manage to get it work? (I have the 15,6 inches version, but looks that like beside screen width and numeric numpad presence on mine, it's just the same machine - I see that on Lenovo site we even share same BIOS, so they're pratically identical)
Thankyou in advance for your help!

EDIT: the fun fact is that sleep mode by pressing power button works flawlessly, and the pc wakes fine via pressing any button (included power AND trackpad) AND even if I lift the screen it wakes! But when I close the screen, doesn't hibernate. That's kinda weird...!

Last edited:
Hello, I know it's an old thread, but... I managed to set everything up and now it's working fine, except for sleep mode: when i close the screen, it keeps just running as if i did nothing... I read all your guide, but probably I'm missing something... How did you manage to get it work? (I have the 15,6 inches version, but looks that like beside screen width and numeric numpad presence on mine, it's just the same machine - I see that on Lenovo site we even share same BIOS, so they're pratically identical)
Thankyou in advance for your help!

EDIT: the fun fact is that sleep mode by pressing power button works flawlessly, and the pc wakes fine via pressing any button (included power AND trackpad) AND even if I lift the screen it wakes! But when I close the screen, doesn't hibernate. That's kinda weird...!
Closing the lid to sleep is a tricky one. What I did to get it working was patch the DSDT from scratch, so try that. Also weirdly it stops working if you don't include the AppleBacklightFixup.kext

mmm... I think I can live with that: I fear I could mess things up if I try to patch it by myself from scratch LOL
Thankyou anyway: everything beside this is working flawlessly!

If anyone's interested in trying out OpenCore, I've used OP's guide to create SSDTs for OpenCore and currently it seems to boot fine. Beware though, I don't have BCM94352Z, so I don't have any kexts installed for WiFi, you'll have to add those on your own.
Of course, @erinviegas could extend this in his original guide for those wanting to try out OpenCore. Thanks to him for making this guide.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 104
@imrock0 I'm curious: if I wanted to try it, I just delete the COLVER folder and replace it with the OC one in EFI?

Attention!
Just a heads up. DO NOT update VoodooI2C to v 2.4.1. It causes the system to reboot. I recommend using v2.3.

Update 29/04/20
2.4.2 works fine

Last edited:
In my last post I forgot mentioning: somehow, I have facetime and imessage perfectly working, I am not sure which part of my setup made them run, I sorta "merged" this guide with another one for a very similar model (it's exactly my same config except it has a soldered AMD GPU where I have an empty space on my mainboard... BTW the GPU is disabled by BIOS, so hackintosh side it is just the exact same config)
If there's anything I could upload here that may be helpful for updating the guide, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back