Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Catalina 10.15.7 Clover/Opencore Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having trouble upgrading from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5?
Mine notifies me there's an update, when I accept to install it gets stuck before rebooting from the OS; if I manually restart (after a while - like half a hour - I surrendered and did it), I can find the "Install MacOS from MacOS" partition, but when I try to boot from it (with -v) it gives me the attached error. I tried to delet the "MacOS install data" folder and start over again, but with the same results... Any idea about how to fix this?

Attachments

• 20200607_164511.jpg
    20200607_164511.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 47
Anyone having trouble upgrading from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5?
Mine notifies me there's an update, when I accept to install it gets stuck before rebooting from the OS; if I manually restart (after a while - like half a hour - I surrendered and did it), I can find the "Install MacOS from MacOS" partition, but when I try to boot from it (with -v) it gives me the attached error. I tried to delet the "MacOS install data" folder and start over again, but with the same results... Any idea about how to fix this?
I have updated to 10.5.5 including a supplemental update that I got today without issues.

Update 07/06/2020
- Switched completely to Clover hotpatch method. (I would recommend that earlier users update to this method also) This method does not involve patching the DSDT manually and works by just copying the SSDT files to ACPI/patched
- Updated kext files
- Fixed CPU power management with CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider

Last edited:
After updating to 10.5.5 close lid to sleep seems to have stopped working for me. Maybe someone like @P1LGRIM or @Sniki could help out?
Fixed

Last edited:
thanks, I actually solved by upgrading to the new guide erinviegas posted!
...even though the close-lid-to-sleep still doesn't work for me (the open-to-wake on the other hand works flawlessly)

EDIT: @erinviegas perhaps I misunderstood this statement:

"Step 3:
Use Hackintool to fix hibernation and for USB port patching.
Add DPI controls here."

What I did was, after installing all the kext via Hackintool, going to the Hackintool "Power" tab and use the "Fix" tool (I had two red strings that turned green after I did so). Still, I cannot get the close-lid-to-sleep working... Since I had to perform a TimeMachine restore to 10.15.4 I can say that on that version with the new guide it actually worked. Then I updated again to 10.15.5 and it just broke.

Could you please help me?

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-06-11 alle 20.16.06.png
    Schermata 2020-06-11 alle 20.16.06.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
thanks, I actually solved by upgrading to the new guide erinviegas posted!
...even though the close-lid-to-sleep still doesn't work for me (the open-to-wake on the other hand works flawlessly)

EDIT: @erinviegas perhaps I misunderstood this statement:

"Step 3:
Use Hackintool to fix hibernation and for USB port patching.
Add DPI controls here."

What I did was, after installing all the kext via Hackintool, going to the Hackintool "Power" tab and use the "Fix" tool (I had two red strings that turned green after I did so). Still, I cannot get the close-lid-to-sleep working... Since I had to perform a TimeMachine restore to 10.15.4 I can say that on that version with the new guide it actually worked. Then I updated again to 10.15.5 and it just broke.

Could you please help me?
I too am having issues getting close lid to sleep working on 10.5.5. Can't figure out exactly what is causing it.
Fixed

Last edited:
Minor update
- Added PrtSc button functionality (Can be mapped in keyboard shortcuts)
- Fixed close lid to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back