Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Big Sur 11.6.2 Opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i'm talking about the default wifi card. You have to drop AirportItlwm.kext on Kext-Droplet. Download this folder that I dropped here, the correct kext is there.
Hi @erinviegas is it even true? Lenovo 330s default (Qualcomm) wifi chip supports big sur?

H

Yes I did that but it's crashiing and restarting my system any help?
Captura de Tela 2021-03-28 às 18.22.12.png

I can't believe it's working with the original Wi-fi card and I won't have to replace it. Thank you very much @elpoderosorafa!

Working fine here:
Lenovo Ideapad 330S 14IKB
Intel® Core™ i5-8250U
8,00 GB
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

I can't believe it's working with the original Wi-fi card and I won't have to replace it. Thank you very much @elpoderosorafa!

Working fine here:
Lenovo Ideapad 330S 14IKB
Intel® Core™ i5-8250U
8,00 GB
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Congrats, bro! I'm so happy too! Time to enjoy our hackintosh, everything working is a dream. :clap::headbang:

I found a problem and the solution, if someone here is with the same problem:

macOS Big Sur does not find new updates: To use the 'Kext-Droplet' Software, it is necessary to disable 'SIP' using the 'csrutil disable' command in the 'Terminal' of 'Recovery Mode'. However, the 'SIP' deactivation procedure creates a problem in which 'mac OS Big Sur' cannot find the updates available for the operating system (The problem is not fixed even after reactivating 'SIP'), thus making it possible to update only through the Apple Store, requiring the download of the complete system. The solution found was 'Reset NVRAM', however the new Kexts that were installed will be lost. In order to avoid the problem with the system updates, you must install Kexts manually in the 'EFI', without disabling the 'SIP'.

everything working with this EFI, I'm using the original intel wifi with AirportItlwm.kext. The only thing I was unable to activate was iMessage and Facetime, I already did the process, I have a "valid serial" and ROM configured, but I don't log in to the services. :confused:

Can I use Opencore 0.6.8 without any further configuration or I Should follow the guide using Opencore 0.6.7?

Edit: I'll just use 0.6.7 until the files get updated.

Last edited:
Thanks again erinviegas for your efforts and for this guide, very helpful. Also, can you update the guide to opencore 0.6.8 and Big Sur to 11.3? Or maybe just wait as I heard that the next release of OC is coming?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your efforts, you're doing God's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back